Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
What’s the advantage of the previous group buy at 660 pounds or the January allocation of 675 pounds when Quaife UK has charged 660 pounds on their website for months?

Automatic Torque Biasing Differentials manufactured for Porsche by QUAIFE - Quaife Engineering
We stopped Quaife putting the price to £788 in January 07 (Before a diff had even been made, as they did with most the other ATB's) and as I was the "fool" who invested a considerable amount of money to get Quaife to make the diff in the first place. (As they wanted me to "Guarantee" 30 units)
We have run the promo since we got the first ones at the end of March. Again it's year end and the Quaife's price has only gone up from £660 to £675 for 2008. The point is that as yet and only with autotech's exception we have taken and sold ALL production of the QDF12Q.
But basically, and in answer to your question Quaife "shouldn't" sell you one, as it should either come through motordrive or autotech.

(Taken from the start of the thread Post #10 )
but they want me to order 30 units, to make sure it happens!!!!!! don't suppose you've got £20k doing nothing in your back pocket..have you

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Cayman S - Boxster S (3.4) Manual only. Quaife ATB Rear Differential
SPECIAL "50" OFFER

Note Above prices are Plus Shipping ... £16.00 next day UK (and +VAT in the UK) Mainland Europe Euro 66.79 and $111 by Air to the States

DECEMBER ALLOCATION 2007
#1..coolaidinc..USA ( Shipped 4th Dec 07..Delivered 12th Dec)
#2..Howie..GB..(to be Confirmed)
#3..Zeitgeist..USA ( Shipped 13th Dec 07..Left GB 14th)
#4..snippyw..USA ( Shipped 17th Dec 07.. Delivered 22nd Dec)
#5..Dealer..(France).. (Now Confirmed)

Please PM or email me to get on the List

Now All Gone

As I have already been asked for 2008, I can confirm that the new price will be:-
** £675.00GBP **Euro 941** $1389 US**
And suggest, if interested for this period, CaymanClub members should let me know their interest, which will be posted below.
JANUARY ALLOCATION 2008
#1..jcriggs..USA ..Interested for 08 delivery
#2..
#5..

Last Updated 19:20 22nd Dec 07

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Diff now fitted and ready to go........... Yea Haaaaaa................

Just need to get the 2 bald rears replaced (on Thursday morning) so I can get a true picture of how the grip levels have been improved on my local wet, slippy, muddy, cold, tight, bendy roads.

Initial impressions (after 1 short drive) are that you can really feel the rear tires break-away as a pair when you provoke the rear whilst exiting junctions. It feels beautifully controlled, and it feels like virtually all of the axel tramp has been removed as well.

Can’t wait to get on the road tomorrow morning!! I’ll report back once the new (or rather part used) tires are on towards the end of the week.

Thanks Allan, and thanks to Chris at Loe Bank Motors for the installation and the alignment, and the brake fettling!!

Jack

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
OK...I just ordered one.

How many hours for install should I exect again?

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Quaife ATB Rear Differential
Cayman S - Boxster S (3.4) Manual only.

2008 details.

2008 prices are:-
* £675.00GBP * *Euro 908* * $1341 US*
(* Dependant on exchange rate from GBP (£)) Prices plus shipping.​

JANUARY ALLOCATION 2008 (NOW SOLD OUT)
#1..Dealer..N.O.. .. Confirmed and Paid (Shipped Wed 23rd Jan 08.. Delivered 28th Jan)
#2..**** ..USA.. Confirmed and Paid (Shipped Mon 21st Jan 08..Delivered 24th Jan)
#3..alanmoore25..USA.. Confirmed and PAID (Shipped Tue 29thJan: Status- Delivered 4th Feb)
#4..Fort Felker..USA.. Confirmed and PAID (Shipped Wed 30th Jan Status: Accepted 3Feb)
#5..DaveN007..USA.. Confirmed and PAID (Shipped Wed 30th Jan Status: Delivered 4th feb)

FEBRUARY ALLOCATION 2008 (NOW SOLD OUT)
#1..jcriggs..USA .. Confirmed and PAID (Shipped Wed 30th Jan Status: Delivered 4th Feb)
#2..augie..USA .. Confirmed and PAID (Shipped Fri 1st Feb Status: Delivered 3 Feb)
#3..olcha911..USA.. Confirmed and PAID (Shipped Fri 1stFebStatus Accepted 3Feb)

Unfortunately Quaife Have done it again and sold the last 10 of my Batch, + a further 15. This Time to ITALY for the Cayman Cup Series, So now we will have to wait for the next batch. I am at the moment waiting for their phone call to tell me when this will be.........:mad::mad::mad:
OK Next Allocation Due for shipping from 24th Feb 08 This is CONFIRMED

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
OK guys, Maybe your prayers have been answered, :):) I've had an email, and then a 45 min conversation with a very nice American Gentleman living in England. (Actually I would suggest he's been here some time and now, and might be as much, if not more English than American)..........
but Ed has offered the use of his Cayman S Tiptronic, so........I will contact the powers that be to find out when they can remove the diff and measure what they need to measure, alternatively if someone local to Ed can remove it and then get it down to Quaife for said measuring etc:
Now I don't want to inconvenience Ed for No reason,
So the Question is:- WHO WANTS A CAYMAN S TIPTRONIC QUAIFE AUTO TORQUE BIASING DIFFERENTIAL ?????
Stand up and be counted NOW...........

·
Registered
671 Posts
OK guys, WHO WANTS A CAYMAN S TIPTRONIC QUAIFE AUTO TORQUE BIASING DIFFERENTIAL ?????
Stand up and be counted NOW...........
I know this is way dated so maybe I missed something, but this thread has gone on so long you should probably announce the possibility of a tip LSD in a separate thread. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want one. (fortunately, I already have my quaife)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Guard in my GT3 and will put one in the Cayman if I pull the trigger next week. The quaife is great for Autocross, Guard can not be beat for the track. Have any of you gone from a GT3 to a Cayman? How long did it take to get used to going slower? I have always like the look of the Cayman but now that a 350HP is possible and the Sport version I might make the move.

341 - 360 of 389 Posts