Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some 19in carrera sport wheels (used) for my '06 Boxster. My current (stock) lug bolts are too short for them. My stock wheels are the usual lobster forks (or whatever they are called).

By my measurement it seems that about 1/2 inch of the bolt screws into the hub (measurement based in discolored area on distal end of lug bolt). The stock lug bolts only stick out about 1/4 inch from the back of the carrera sports.

1) How much of the lug bolt needs to go into the hub?
2) What size lug bolts should I get for carrera sports for a base boxster?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Were these Carrera Sport wheels used on a 997 or 987 car before?

Even though they may look the same, the wheels for the 997 and 987 are different widths and are not compatible without the used of large spacers. And even then I don't think they will work.

Do a search on the archives, I think others have run into this before.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They line up fine just have a thicker area where the bolt goes (at least to my eye). All I know is that they were listed as for cayman and boxster. Beyond that I dont know much else.

·
Registered
444 Posts
They line up fine just have a thicker area where the bolt goes (at least to my eye). All I know is that they were listed as for cayman and boxster. Beyond that I dont know much else.
I have the 19 inch carrera sport wheels for the Cayman on my 09 CS...it came optionned with them. Maybe the lug bolts that came with them are longer than with stock wheels but I have no idea.

How long are your lug bolts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interestingly the wheel seller contacted me and said the problem may be with the conical "spacer" at the top of the bolt. He claims this is already built into the wheel and I can remove the spacer and just use the bolt. This might work. I will look this evening when I get home and see if in fact there is a conical seat in the wheel already

I am worried that I will have an offset problem but he claims I wont. the fronts (8.5) have a +55 offset and rears (10) have a +42 offset. What I can figure out is what my offset is on the carrera S wheels I currently have. I have looked all over them and cant find any indication of the offsets. Anyone know what it would be/

I am calling Wheel Enhancement to get their opinion later today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts