Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fact I'd be losing the trunk space is hitting me in the past few days. I never had a luggage problem with my 987.

I need the advice of who tried Porsche luggage sets. Can anybody recommend luggage set that fit in the 911 frunk and are useful for airplane traveling?

The problem is that I dislike metal luggage for they get scratched. And I dislike black luggage for difficulty in distinguishing them on the conveyor belt at the airport. Unfortunately Porsche offers nothing else. So I'll buy a set for convenience as long as I can fit as many in the frunk.

Any recommendation?

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hasaan,

I got a 4-piece set from SchnellAuto...look for him in the member list or the sponsor list. I think they make a run of luggage bags with minor improvements until they find the right answer. Mine was for two soft bags fitting in the frunk and two smaller bags for the rear sear area. They have handles and shoulder straps and no wheels. There is red piping to set them apart from other black bags. I couldn't find the same set on his site but look on the 997 and 991 interior products and then PM him to make sure it fits your needs. I'd buy them again.

Schnell Autosports version 1 luggage OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Patrick, I loved your recommended Spyder bag along with another. Here:
Metropolitan Luggage - Medium:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories
and
Spyder Collection - Large Travel Bag:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

I'm not sure if I should buy both or a set of two of one of them for a perfect fit in the frunk. By the way, any clue if they fit in the airplane's passenger upper compartment? I don't remember the allowable size.

And thank you Tom. But I doubt the bags you referred to can handle airport abuse. Have you traveled by plane with them?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
No plane ride, just a two week road trip with a separate bag for me, the wife, and the dog. They should work as a carry-on.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
No plane ride, just a two week road trip with a separate bag for me, the wife, and the dog. They should work as a carry-on.

Schnell Autosports version 2 luggage OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories

and i also have the porsche hard case luggage by rimowa..

Schnell Autosports Porsche Medium AluFrame Trolley Suitcase (Basalt Black Metallic) OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories

i knew i could not stay away from the swamp too long

i ship to UAE

Lemon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts