Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question,

Just seen a Luk flywheel on Parts Geek website for my 2006 Cayman S for $392. Are they junk, should I Stay away? They are advertized on other websites for $500-$800 whats the scoup.

Input from anybody who purchased from them would be great.

Chris

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Chris. Pelican parts rates the Genuine Porsche brand flywheel at 5stars, and Luk-OEM supplier brand at 4 stars (excellent). This is how they describe OEM supplier:

"The term Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) refers to a company that has supplied some parts directly to Porsche or BMW for the assembly of their cars. This manufacturer may not have been the Original Equipment Supplier (OES) for a particular part, but now offers an exact-fit replacement part. Example: Textar has manufactured brake pads for both Porsche and BMW over the years for use in the cars as they are assembled on the line in Germany. However, Textar may not have been an original supplier of brake pads for a 1992 E36 318is. In this case they would be listed in our catalog as an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), but not the Original Equipment Supplier (OES) for this particular part. They may have provided other components for this car when it was built (like emergency brake shoes), but they they were not listed as one of the Original Equipment Supplier (OES) for this particular part. "

I purchased Luk brand a week ago; still waiting for it to arrive so I can install it. I have not heard anything negative about it. If last 70% as the genuine part and performs as well, I think it is worth it, since genuine part costs almost double.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I installed a LUK one on to my car about 8000 miles ago. Not high mileage since then by any chance, but seems to work fine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm using a Luk from RockAuto - great price. No problems with it - or during the install.

There's a bit better quality of machining to the genuine part - but doesn't affect the function at all. I'd pocket the savings and not look back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts