Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the GT4 thread I said "The Macan is mostly an Audi." Worf responded. If anyone cares about Macans ...

This is not at all true. As long as 'mostly' means 'more than 50%'. I do not recall the exact number, but, I do remember reading that the percentage of shared parts between the Q5 and Macan (and the VW whateveritscalled) is on the order of 20%. It is definitely on the NOT side of mostly.
Porsche has admitted to 33%.

Porsche Macan review, price and specs | Evo

"... it’s effectively a half sister for the existing Audi Q5 – indeed, Porsche’s engineers are happy to admit the two cars share around a third of their under-body components."

and 2014 Porsche Macan - First Drive

" the Macan only ... borrows about 30 percent of its components from the Q5. ...Most of what's shared is in the platform's lower frame sections. The powertrain is pure Porsche ..."

·
Registered
54 Posts
its the only porsche with not a 5 x 130 bolt pattern.. how do i know..

We just came out with Macan spacers..

Lemon

What thickness ? I had your spacers on my Boxster and loved the extra track out back. Right to the fender edges...
but for a car that's supposed to have wheel travel for off road driving, how wide can I really go?
I doubt very much that I will be doing much trail riding, :hilarious:

But, I do want my Macan to stand out at a PCA outing!

Reactions: chows4us

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
am not sure on the thickness. but it was 25mm i think.. ill measure in tomorrow.. they are ready by Wednesday.. ill try to dig out a picture for you in my desk..

lemon

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
No secret that VW, AUDI, and now Porsche are getting kind of blended. As long as VW doesn't go too far to cheapen the brands to match Toyota, its all good. Unfortunately, new VWs and AUDIs coming out are not like they used to be and now you have to buy a Porsche to get the same quality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, but...

The feel of driving one - is 100% Porsche.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts