Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I was just thinking about this. Like... if I won the lottery... wouldn't it be nice... but then I thought "Wouldn't I just get the Turbo?"

Yes. I'd get the Turbo. So... whatever. :)

In the 981 world, the GTS was the top dog when it came out but this isn't the case in the rest of the Porsche lineup. So really... is it big news?

·
Registered
751 Posts
There's still a decent price gap between the GTS and the Turbo (and future Turbo S). The Macan GTS is similar to the 981 GTS in that if you were going to get a bunch of the options which are now standard, it's a good deal. The configurator is partially up in that if you choose to configure something else so that it comes up, you can go to Models (top left) and choose the Macan GTS. My Macan S is already on a boat headed to the Panama Canal. Should still arrive in my hands mid Dec. The Macan GTS orders start in March for June delivery, so waiting 9 months isn't going to work for me (or specifically my wife). Having two GTS would be cool though... As a comparison, a GTS spec'd to my current S order is ~$79k vs ~$73k. Of course, you get a bunch of things I didn't originally order.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Called my SA this morning to confirm when deliveries would start on the GTS. Turns out he has an allocation for an April delivery. So now I've switched my order from the S to the GTS :banana:

Updated current order in my sig although I'll probably go through the configurator several more times since several options have changed. I did lose my discount, but for me it's worth it as I would probably regret later not going with the GTS rather than saving a small amount off MSRP.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like you can have the Brushed Aluminum finished in Black. My spec'd GTS came out just over $77K. Have to have adaptive cruise and LKA :).

·
Registered
751 Posts
I like you can have the Brushed Aluminum finished in Black. My spec'd GTS came out just over $77K. Have to have adaptive cruise and LKA :).
I think the black aluminum works well with the black/garnet full leather interior.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called my SA this morning to confirm when deliveries would start on the GTS. Turns out he has an allocation for an April delivery. So now I've switched my order from the S to the GTS :banana:

Updated current order in my sig although I'll probably go through the configurator several more times since several options have changed. I did lose my discount, but for me it's worth it as I would probably regret later not going with the GTS rather than saving a small amount off MSRP.
Nice - Very nice! I haven't been on the configurator yet but will soon. Not sure about the Carmine Red though. White is sharp on the Macan.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I read about the new Macan GTS and would have loved to order one. It would satisfy all my wants. Then the email arrived with the PCA club article that said it is a GTS with similar great options like other Porsche GTS models, but that the price was not such a great deal, as has come to be expected for GTS models in the past. I then was able to price mine on the new the online GTS configurator, and it came up to $84k for one in plain white/black. So I kept on searching online, and stumbled across a leftover brand new Macan Turbo built April 2015 with 135 miles on it. It is loaded with a $91.9k MSRP, and I got it at a 14% discount! $5k less than my 2017 GTS build. Now I'm really excited! But i have to wait a couple more weeks yet b4 they get the safety recall fuel lines in, and then they will do the recall and ship to me. CAN'T WAIT!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I read about the new Macan GTS and would have loved to order one. It would satisfy all my wants. Then the email arrived with the PCA club article that said it is a GTS with similar great options like other Porsche GTS models, but that the price was not such a great deal, as has come to be expected for GTS models in the past. I then was able to price mine on the new the online GTS configurator, and it came up to $84k for one in plain white/black. So I kept on searching online, and stumbled across a leftover brand new Macan Turbo built April 2015 with 135 miles on it. It is loaded with a $91.9k MSRP, and I got it at a 14% discount! $5k less than my 2017 GTS build. Now I'm really excited! But i have to wait a couple more weeks yet b4 they get the safety recall fuel lines in, and then they will do the recall and ship to me. CAN'T WAIT!!!
Post PIC's when you get this baby!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered a GTS .. it came in $8K less than an S with the same equipment but the GTS has more horsepower, better chassis/suspension and Turbo brakes that the S doesn't offer. Must have's for me were all standard on the GTS - PASM/Air Suspension and new PCM system .. and I got the Sport Design body package, Sport exhaust, sport seats and 20" spyder wheels from my wish list thrown in for free. I added metallic paint, Navi/Connect plus, preferred package plus, PDLS w/LED headlights and cargo management and still came in at a 'stripper base' turbo starting price. The same equipment on a Turbo is way up in the $90's ... I'll use the extra two tenths of a second to count my change :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
The PCA article is wrong. I suspect they priced it with the cheapest Sport Design kit, but the GTS comes with the most expensive Spirt Design in black with side skirts. Price out a S with the same options as the GTS and you'll come out ahead assuming you wanted all those options. Plus you get some GTS specific cosmetic touches as well as bigger brakes and more power.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
The Macan GTS certainly looks nice, and if had been completely up to me I would have dug a little deeper for this model, but as it is my wife's vehicle I respectfully asked to take the back seat... :hilarious:

Her nicely appointed S is arriving within a few days so it will be what it is going to be, an awesome SUV with a Porsche heritage and coloured to match my BGTS! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts