Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Porsche lovers, I hope you can help me please?
My Macan was (mistakenly, and not by me!) left NOT in 'park' mode before lockdown, so when i went to move the car last week I found the battery totally flat of course, the remote keys wouldn't work and neither would the emergency keys, despite many attempts! Am i not putting enough force into opening the door?
So here's what I've done so far:
1 - removed the plastic key insert in the driver's door
2 - inserted the metal emergency key and turned it both ways to try and unlock the door, to no avail
3 - used WD40 into the lock (in case it had seized up!), no difference

I'm now at a loss and would prefer not to have to call Porsche out (can't afford a second mortgage!) and don't want to look stupid if they just simply used a bit more force than me!

Any suggestions pls? I wondered if there's an alternative way to open the bonnet (from the outside) to try and jump start the car and hopefully open the door (??!)

Thank you for ANY suggestions, very much appreciated :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't have a Macan but I do have YouTube. This video suggests you turn to the left, then to the right, then release the handle. Then you can open. Oddly complicated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a Macan but I do have YouTube. This video suggests you turn to the left, then to the right, then release the handle. Then you can open. Oddly complicated...

wow, you're a star! THANK YOU so much for your fast reply....I will go and try this (although it's pretty similar to what i've already been trying, but I'll have a go nonetheless)...the car is currently parked a walk away so i'll take this youtube video on my phone with me...thank you again for your help :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, you're a star! THANK YOU so much for your fast reply....I will go and try this (although it's pretty similar to what i've already been trying, but I'll have a go nonetheless)...the car is currently parked a walk away so i'll take this youtube video on my phone with me...thank you again for your help :)

So it's GOOD NEWS!
huge thanks again for your reply...thanks to you, i've finally been able to unlock the door (just needed to be more forceful!) and so have now been able to jump start...and drive straight to a garage for a new battery!! Many thanks again, very much appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I could help. We've all been in these situations in the past and I've benefited from plenty of others input over the years. Pay it forward!

my thoughts precisely too...I love helping others always, and so it's lovely when i can receive some help too when needed...MANY THX :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts