Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I promised Hassaan I would post some pictures of the Mahogany Wood Interior option.

So here they are.

I have taken a couple showing the contrast in sunlight and in the shade.

The wood glows gold in the daylight and works well with the Lime Gold interior. It also works well with Luxor Beige.

LimeGold has the mahogany in his car with the Expresso, maybe he can also post some pics.

IMGP0006.jpg View attachment IMGP0011.jpg IMGP0008.jpg IMGP0005.jpg IMGP0003.jpg View attachment IMGP0002.jpg

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
It's not that it doesn't look nice, it does. HOWEVER, I have always equated wood interior trim as a luxury car amenity but not a sport car one. Just the way my 70 year old pea brain works I guess. It's just not my cup of tea on sports cars. What ever floats your boat.:cheers:

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's unusual enough that when you make those changes in the configurator, it doesn't even know how to render! :)

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I think it looks great. Can't have it on GTS however. I had a wooden steering wheel on my 2nd Porsche and on a red Alfa Romeo I used to drive.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It may be hard to tell from photos, but if anyone isn't familiar with the way modern car interior wood looks, it ain't nuthin' like the dashboard of a 1950s Jaguar. The actual mahogany cut from a tree is a paper-thin veneer that has been coated in such a thick layer of a clear plastic material that it arguably looks more like imitation wood than that 1950s Jaguar dashboard. This situation is, I believe, universal, meaning that while a Bentley dash has a thicker veneer than a 2-series BMW's dash, it still isn't solid wood, doesn't look like solid wood, and hasn't for many years.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Well I promised Hassaan I would post some pictures of the Mahogany Wood Interior option.

So here they are.

I have taken a couple showing the contrast in sunlight and in the shade.

The wood glows gold in the daylight and works well with the Lime Gold interior. It also works well with Luxor Beige.

LimeGold has the mahogany in his car with the Expresso, maybe he can also post some pics.

View attachment 56354 View attachment 56355 View attachment 56356 View attachment 56357 View attachment 56358 View attachment 56359

BJR & LimeGold, I continue to joke about your cars color choice whenever I get a chance. Some members here fear that I'm attacking your taste. So let me put this to rest once and for all since I'm sure many will visit here:
1) I'd never order/buy a lime gold car.
2) I'd never order/buy wood interior in a sports car.
3) And I'll continue joking about the color whenever I get a chance. ;)

Does this mean I don't like your taste? No, it means:
1) you guys have balls to go through that route, while 99% of us can't.
2) you guys have an artistic sense, a bit eccentric maybe, and a creative imaginary to build such a car.
3) you created a very special unique classy classic exterior/interior combo, that's honestly stylish and tasteful.
4) you have a wonderful spirit to take my edgy jokes (about the color) and don't get offended.

Thank you for the pictures. Thank you for your kindness. And yes I LOVE IT.

Keep the pictures coming... I mean it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I love wood on the inside of a car and particularly sports cars.

Even though mahogany isn't my favorite species... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
BJR & LimeGold, I continue to joke about your cars color choice whenever I get a chance. Some members here fear that I'm attacking your taste. So let me put this to rest once and for all since I'm sure many will visit here:
1) I'd never order/buy a lime gold car.
2) I'd never order/buy wood interior in a sports car.
3) And I'll continue joking about the color whenever I get a chance. ;)

Does this mean I don't like your taste? No, it means:
1) you guys have balls to go through that route, while 99% of us can't.
2) you guys have an artistic sense, a bit eccentric maybe, and a creative imaginary to build such a car.
3) you created a very special unique classy classic exterior/interior combo, that's honestly stylish and tasteful.
4) you have a wonderful spirit to take my edgy jokes (about the color) and don't get offended.

Thank you for the pictures. Thank you for your kindness. And yes I LOVE IT.

Keep the pictures coming... I mean it.
Hi HassaanAbdeen,
Thanks for the comments as regards BJR and my elegant tastes and our "mahogany balls".:hilarious: Some pics here with Espresso int. In some leather is obviously overexposed I guess you might say.

IMG_0441 c.jpg IMG_0437c.jpg IMG_0442 c.jpg IMG_0452 c.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I'm curious BJR & Lime-Gold, what are the colors of your other cars.

I mean if such combo you chose for a sports car, what would your sedans, SUV or classic cars (if any) be?

Thank you both in advance.

PS I remember BJR, has a boat. What's the interior color?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
There's some mahogany in my avatar. Reds & Browns are a VERY common color combo in just about any type of design. There's a reason why mahog looks natural in the two Liberace cars and mine - the most common way to make brown is to mix red & yellow together, and then add blue. A blended color usually goes well together with one of the colors used to make the blend.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Here ya go Hassaan,

I (we) like darker blues and darker reds and I actually white as well. Shown are my wife's dk blue metallic 07 Maxima, our 12 Durango Hemi - the beast" - in a maroon metallic, and my previous roadster, an 07 MX5 in a cream white. All with beige or brown leather interiors of course. Neither my wife nor I are black ext or int folks although I do like such when others do the necessary, almost daily;), detailing.

IMG_0266s.jpg IMG_0028 s.jpg IMG_0270c.jpg

I really like "Arena" (or Ruby) Red and thought about a PTS for the B but no such luck therein nor still such as a std shade within Porsche. Maybe for a 991 C4 GTS. ;) But that not even over "my" dead body the Mrs. says.

As to our choice with the Lime-Gold 981, the then Dk Blue and Amaranth Red did not speak to us. The LG did although we knew we were in the minority and it was so hard to get a true pic of it. Still hard for me even now; LG is a wonderful looking color but such needs to be experienced in the wild - we get many many compliments on the subtle shade/blend.

We never saw LG other then with the Dealer color panel and took our chances. Espresso was really a no brainer as we both wanted all leather and something dk that would wear well (but no black and of course no red with LG) .

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Rob, very nice car colors... and all your cars have the same shade/range of interior color.

I guess the Amber interior was tempting to you but maybe because the LG doesn't go with it, you looked away.

Thumbs up

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Love that look. What color instruments are those?
The dial faces are Luxor beige. Thought about such for int as well but as noted elsewhere in this tread we wanted a color that would wear well and afraid it would not. Espresso was only real choice then.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm curious BJR & Lime-Gold, what are the colors of your other cars.

I mean if such combo you chose for a sports car, what would your sedans, SUV or classic cars (if any) be?

Thank you both in advance.

PS I remember BJR, has a boat. What's the interior color?
I'm a bit of a tart with colours. I like variety.

The Benz is Blue with off white interior

My 986 was Arena Red with Black interior.

The boat is White with Blue hull, with White seats and of course lots of Teak, Real Teak, we imported and cut up a log. And matching Blue underwater lights of course. :hilarious:

And of course the Bikes are traditional Red for the Super Bike and Yellow for the Sports Bike.

IMG_0404.JPG IMGP3565.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0094.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0631.JPG

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And the last pic.

IMG_0633.JPG

See I love rag tops. Even the boat is a rag top. :hilarious: It just takes about an hour to put it up and down though. :(

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hold on... You cannot ignore 100 years of British sports car motoring and wood tradition!
Morgans not only include wood as trim but as an essential part of the suspension and frame!

I saw a brown 981 this summer with luxor beige and wood trim. I was drooling. This is the only time in my life I have drooled over a brown car. It looked spectacular.
20140726_102837(0).jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I agree, that does look beautiful. It would be nice to see more of the exterior with a view of the interior to show the contrast.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wood looks nice with the beige two tone

1 - 20 of 25 Posts