Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of Wednesday, April 28th I am a proud owner of a beautiful new Cayman S! Ordered the car from Hennessy Porsche in Roswell, GA on February 11th. Michael Mills was my salesman and he did a terrific job guiding me through the options and different color/upholstery combos. He was also very prompt and attentive and responded to my nagging e-mails immediately. Top notch dealership and top notch buying experience!

But lets talk about the car: Meteor grey/black full leather, electric seats w/ heating and ventilation, Porsche crest in the headrest, PDK, PCM 3.0, UAI, Bluetooth, XM-radio, auto AC, Xenons and 19" Carrera S II wheels.

Left Atlanta at 5am and was pulling into my garage at 10.30. Averaged 29 mpg on the highway! The car is fantastic, the 19" wheels make the steering a bit heavy but it feels just perfect. The ride is 10x better than the Mini on 16"s. Also, the engine is really quiet in the lower rev range. The break in period is definitely going to be difficult, good news is that I have already put 470 miles on the odometer. I like the non-paddle steering wheel and utilize the downshift function quite often before onramps and curves, it is really convenient to be able to up and downshift with one hand (no plans to track the car). Drove her to work on Friday and gave several guided tours to the parking lot to my colleagues. Still learning the PCM and was not able to program the Homelink, yet.

Many thanks to Planet-9 and to all of you guys with whom I exchanged PMs during the wait!

Tamas

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Homelink with fixed transmitter is pretty straightforward or pressing buttons for a period of time until certain lights slowly flash.

With roving frequencies I had to teach the buttons using the remote garage opener then - put my garage opener unit in learn mode. When in learn mode I then push the Homelink button 3 times so the unit learns the code from my Homelink.

I have a three car garage (1 double and 1 single door side by side) and was able to control both doors. Much better than fumbling around for the remote opener.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Homelink with fixed transmitter is pretty straightforward or pressing buttons for a period of time until certain lights slowly flash.
I followed the steps outlined in the manual and everything seemed to be fine, DRLs flashed 3 times, etc, but when I press the button nothing seems to be happening. Anyway, I will take a look at the Homelink site for more detailed instructions.

I uploaded some pics in my gallery, but do not know how to paste them into this thread.

Tamas

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I followed the steps outlined in the manual and everything seemed to be fine, DRLs flashed 3 times, etc, but when I press the button nothing seems to be happening. Anyway, I will take a look at the Homelink site for more detailed instructions.

I uploaded some pics in my gallery, but do not know how to paste them into this thread.

Tamas
See the link to My Garage in my signature? When you are in your Garage images, there is a BB link line that you can copy and paste into your signature. Save it and then that takes people directly to your car photos.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See the link to My Garage in my signature? When you are in your Garage images, there is a BB link line that you can copy and paste into your signature. Save it and then that takes people directly to your car photos.
Thanks for the suggestion! BTW, I got the Homelink programmed. Apparently, I was not pushing the button long enough to send a signal.

Tamas

·
Registered
241 Posts
Great combination of color, interior and options. And a fun first drive to home as well. Perfect driving season so get out there and break it in!
BW

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!! I love those wheels!
No sport chrono?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great combination of color, interior and options. And a fun first drive to home as well. BW
Congrats!! I love those wheels! No sport chrono?
Thanks for the kind words! My heart was pretty much set on the options, but Michael advised to change the smooth leather to ventilated seats. Best option ever, I have it on all the time!

We had a rather stimulating (and sometimes heated) discussion earlier about not ordering the Sport Chrono package. I really do not need it, my car is plenty responsive and fast even without it. I love every minute in the car so actually drive it a bit slower than the Mini (at least initially...).

One more important thing: there is a reason for the little net on top of the engine cover. My complete delivery paperwork/title/insurance was in a little envelope that I had put on top of the net. I could not find it this morning and took me an hour to figure out that it landed in the rear trunk...

Tamas

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! My heart was pretty much set on the options, but Michael advised to change the smooth leather to ventilated seats. Best option ever, I have it on all the time!

We had a rather stimulating (and sometimes heated) discussion earlier about not ordering the Sport Chrono package. I really do not need it, my car is plenty responsive and fast even without it. I love every minute in the car so actually drive it a bit slower than the Mini (at least initially...).

One more important thing: there is a reason for the little net on top of the engine cover. My complete delivery paperwork/title/insurance was in a little envelope that I had put on top of the net. I could not find it this morning and took me an hour to figure out that it landed in the rear trunk...

Tamas
Sounds good! I too would like ventilated seats since I live in south FL, but at this point I'm not willing to get them since heated seats and auto climate control are required as well--bummer because I would use the ventilated seats a lot!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P-car fan: get the ventilated seats. South Florida may be hotter than South Carolina. You will not be using the heated seats but so what? Auto AC is nice too.

Croctor: I am glad that we agree on something ;) Yes, you have to have the ignition on for Homelink to work.

Tamas

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats on the new car, one of the pics that Henessey sent me of the car I bought has yours in the background, love the colour and wheels

Tass

As of Wednesday, April 28th I am a proud owner of a beautiful new Cayman S! Ordered the car from Hennessy Porsche in Roswell, GA on February 11th. Michael Mills was my salesman and he did a terrific job guiding me through the options and different color/upholstery combos. He was also very prompt and attentive and responded to my nagging e-mails immediately. Top notch dealership and top notch buying experience!

But lets talk about the car: Meteor grey/black full leather, electric seats w/ heating and ventilation, Porsche crest in the headrest, PDK, PCM 3.0, UAI, Bluetooth, XM-radio, auto AC, Xenons and 19" Carrera S II wheels.

Left Atlanta at 5am and was pulling into my garage at 10.30. Averaged 29 mpg on the highway! The car is fantastic, the 19" wheels make the steering a bit heavy but it feels just perfect. The ride is 10x better than the Mini on 16"s. Also, the engine is really quiet in the lower rev range. The break in period is definitely going to be difficult, good news is that I have already put 470 miles on the odometer. I like the non-paddle steering wheel and utilize the downshift function quite often before onramps and curves, it is really convenient to be able to up and downshift with one hand (no plans to track the car). Drove her to work on Friday and gave several guided tours to the parking lot to my colleagues. Still learning the PCM and was not able to program the Homelink, yet.

Many thanks to Planet-9 and to all of you guys with whom I exchanged PMs during the wait!

Tamas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.