Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob here looking in from the outside. I'm looking at buying an '06 CS with 19,853 miles. What are the major service intervals? I assume it is 20K, 40K, etc. I asked the seller if he has had the 20K service done and he said no. What does that service cost approximately? He also said the tires are original so I assume those would need replacing as well. The warranty also just expired in March. Sounds to be me like he is selling the car just as it needs some money to be spent on it and the warranty has expired. He would sell it to me for $34,500.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The '06 CS service reminder should have been set at 2 years, so that relatively low mileage CS should have already had one major service in March '08, with the second due in March '10. Note that Porsche subsequently shortened the recommended service intervals, so service on that car may be long overdue. Many of us recommend at least an oil and filter change every year for such low mileage cars.

You can check for yourself, but my guess is that the OEM tires (probably Michelin PS2s) are about done at 20k miles.

The cost of major service on the CS varies quite a bit, even across dealers. From what I've seen posted, cost might be in the $400 to $800 range at most dealers. Some dealers insist on doing some things others don't, and some have higher labor rates and parts costs than others. Cost at an independent Porsche shop is generally somewhat less.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The '06 CS service reminder should have been set at 2 years, so that relatively low mileage CS should have already had one major service in March '08, with the second due in March '10. Note that Porsche subsequently shortened the recommended service intervals, so service on that car may be long overdue. Many of us recommend at least an oil and filter change every year for such low mileage cars.

You can check for yourself, but my guess is that the OEM tires (probably Michelin PS2s) are about done at 20k miles.

The cost of major service on the CS varies quite a bit, even across dealers. From what I've seen posted, cost might be in the $400 to $800 range at most dealers. Some dealers insist on doing some things others don't, and some have higher labor rates and parts costs than others. Cost at an independent Porsche shop is generally somewhat less.
It might be helpful if we began to post what we got charged and what was done because $400 to $800 is quite a range if it is the same stuff.

2 years 11,000 miles 08BS
oil filter 23.90
seal ring .85
10 qts Mobil 1 69.80
wiper blades 46.50
Air filter 44.27
cabin air filter 75.97

Labor on above 337.50

brake flush
labor 168.75

1 liter brake fluid 30.74

sub total prior to tax 798.28

I used my PCA discount coupon for 20% off parts and 10% off labor.

How's this compare?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
balpo:

Your costs are fairly close to mine, except your labor rate was apparently higher.

Assuming the 2-year/20k mile service is still 2.5 hours of labor (the 4-year service is 4.5 hours), your dealer charged $135 per hour; while mine charged $105 per hour (That was 2.5 years ago; their rate now is $119 per hour). Your parts total was $28 cheaper than mine (using my recent prices; not those of 2.5 years ago), but your brake fluid flush labor was $168.75 to my $105. I won't be getting a flush there anymore; nor will I buy my wiper blades there.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
For my oil changes, a little over 8 quarts. I put in 8 quarts, drive it, park it, and check oil level the next morning. It's usually down one mark from the full (not over-full) mark, but adding 1/4 to 1/3 quart brings it to the full mark. Be careful adding to top off; it only takes a little oil to move one mark. Fills may vary depending on how much old oil actually drained out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.