Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mammoth Lakes High Alpine Road Tour​

This is your opportunity to experience the open roads and breathtaking scenery of the Eastern High Sierra in your Porsche.​

When:
Friday July 16 - Sunday July 18, 2010

Where:
Mammoth Lakes, CA. in the Scenic High Sierras Mammoth Lakes, CA Hotel, Restaurant, Attractions, and Vacation Information for California's Premier Mountain Resort.

Lodging:
Lodging has been arranged at Juniper Springs Resort at a discounted price of $119.00 per night plus a 13% town occupancy tax and a $20.00 resort fee. Individuals can make reservations by calling 1-800-626-6684 (1-800-MAMMOTH) and referencing "Porsche Club of America - Cayman Registry".
These are individual 1 bedroom condominiums with full kitchens, dining areas and private balconies. Mammoth Mountain Ski Area click on lodging and then click on Juniper Springs Resort (JSR).

Itinerary and Things To Do:
Friday July 16
7:00 p.m. Meet and Greet mixer at The Westin Monache White Bark Bar and Restaurant. Westin Mammoth Lakes Hotels: The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth - Hotel Rooms at westin

Saturday July 17
8:00 a.m. Breakfast at Base Camp Cafe with Porsche reserved parking.

9:30 a.m. Drive to Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge and on to The Minaret Vista overlooking the Ansel Adams Wilderness (very scenic photo ops).

10:30 a.m. On to the Mammoth Lakes Basin consisting of Lake Mary, Lake George, Twin Lakes and Twin Lakes Water Falls (very scenic photo ops).

12:00 p.m. Lunch at The Fireside Grill with Porsche reserved parking.

1:30 p.m. 1 1/2 hour lunch break will give us time to gas up and prepare for a spirited 110 mile scenic drive on hwy 120 (Benton Crossing Road) loop on to hwy 395 N. to hwy 158 June Lake loop through the town of June Lake with stops for photo ops and potty breaks. This is a very scenic drive that offers long straights, twists and turns through forests and even a few whoop-de-dos on lightly traveled roads. The town of June Lake is located in a true alpine environment surrounded by mountains, lakes and streams.

4:00 p.m. We will be meeting at The Village at Mammoth. "The Village" is located in the epicenter of the Town of Mammoth Lakes with fine dining, galleries, boutiques and shops. We have been invited to park/display our cars in "The Plaza" normally reserved for pedestrians.

5:00 p.m. Dinner at Gomez's Mexican Restaurant located at The Plaza with indoor/outdoor dining and drinks within sight and steps away from our cars. There will also be a free concert at The Plaza.

7:00 p.m. This should conclude our schedule of events, this will also leave time to get to know the Town of Mammoth Lakes and the surrounding areas. Also for your entertainment the 22nd Annual Mammoth Jazz Jubilee Mammoth Jazz Jubilee will be happening this weekend or you'll still have time for a swim or workout at Juniper Springs Resort.

Sunday July 18
9:00 a.m. Meet at The Westin Monach for breakfast.
10:00 a.m. Drive to The Main Lodge at Mammoth Mountain for a scenic gondola ride (discounted tickets) to the top of Mammoth Mountain (elevation 11,053') This will conclude our weekend.

All times are tentative dependant on number of participants.

For friends or family members who are looking for something different, this area of the Eastern Sierra offers world class mountain biking, fishing, hiking, zip lines, rock climbing and much more.

I'm looking forward to all of us having a safe relaxing weekend with other Porsche enthusiasts. If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

I'm starting a list below:

1. Mark C.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark I'll be there for sure, w/o my skis this time though ;). It's going to be a GREAT event.

1. Mark C.
2. zornet & Mrs. z
A little known fact...zornet is an animal on snow skis, I don't know if I want to be on the track with him, he has no mercy :eek:.

O.K. This is an updated list for The Mammoth Lakes High Alpine Road Tour.

1. Mark C.
2. zornet + Mrs. z
3. Wolfie & Wifey
4. RonR & SaronR
5. Craig & Family

This is truly going to be an event filled weekend with other Porsche enthusiasts in the scenic High Sierras.

Mark C.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mark,

I'm in! What a great place to take my CS! The event agenda sounds terrific. Also, perfect time of year! Can't wait for breakfast at Base Camp :banana: There is so much to see and do in that area.....might need a few more days :dance:

Craig

·
Former Member
1,689 Posts
OK guys whats-up :eek:… We're not up for a Great drive and weekend in Mammoth? Mark has done soooo much work in getting this organized, lets step-up. If this event was on the East Coast this bump would not be necessary. See ya in Mammoth.

zornet :):burnout:

·
West Coast Group & PCA Member
269 Posts
Zornet's right! When I read about the East Coast runs I have to admit I'm a little jealous. We need to develop a solid group on the West Coast. Mark's put a lot of time and effort putting this run together and we need to support him. I can guarantee you'll have a great time. The scenery and weather will be beautiful. Oh, that reminds me I need to make my reservations.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.