Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Ive got a cayman S in Basalt black and it has a clear bra, (Armourfend), that was applied by the previous owner.
I cleaned the car last night and whilst buffing up the front bumper, i somehow managed to scrape the clear bra wiith the rubber corner piece on the cloth, its like a little detailing triangular bit that gets bits our of the creases.
I suppose it could be described as looking like the marks that a pencil rubber would cause on a piece of glass but its quite noticeable, albeit it hasnt pierced the film, just like a surface scuff.

Any similar experiences here?
Any tips for removal?
Can I get a small area replaced?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I have the XPEL brand on my car which is a popular brand here in the USA. Their newer type of clear bra is supposed to be self healing. I would check with someone near you that installs Amourfend to see what they say. Here is a short video showing the self healing properties of XPEL. Amourfend might be the same. By to way I was told by word of mouth not to use a buffer on XPEL.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I hear people use boiling water. Otherwise, my paste XP is plastic scratch remover works, but don't test it on my account.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the XPEL brand on my car which is a popular brand here in the USA. Their newer type of clear bra is supposed to be self healing. I would check with someone near you that installs Amourfend to see what they say. Here is a short video showing the self healing properties of XPEL. Amourfend might be the same. By to way I was told by word of mouth not to use a buffer on XPEL.

that looks like magic, I don't think the Armourfend is self healing, although the previous owner had it fitted, front only car bra and included taxes, it cost an eyewatering £780-00 for bra and back of mirrors only, i.e. only half way up the bonnet and wings and all of the bumper. Expensive in my opinion but maybe I will try a bit of gentle heat and see it it helps?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Armourfend PPF is not self healing. You may do more damage with heat.
The way you describe that the scrape happened with a "piece of rubber"may not be a scrape at all.
It may just be removed by using some insect remover wiped with slight pressure on the film.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts