Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anyone else signed up for this? The registration was already closed but they let me in anyway :)

It's at Pennington Field which is less than 4 miles from the house.
It's a AX School, so I guess maybe some of the veterans wouldn't be interested. This is my first time so it should be fun..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was a good day for the AutoX. The weather was nice & we had a completely full class. I'd say there were probably close to 17 students total, each with an instructor. Mostly all P-cars, 2 M3s, a Z3, a ZO6 (that thing is LOUD), an S2000.

Never having done any kind of performance driving before, this was an eye opener. The morning session was an introduction to the various exercises, including slaloms, chicane, breaking exercise, & skid pad. The skid pad seemed to come the easiest to me & the pivot cone exercise probably the hardest. Was def. interesting to throttle steer around the skid pad.

Multiple runs thru each of these exercises were performed.

The afternoon consisted of a walkthru of an auto AutoX course that was setup during lunch. A total of 11 runs were performed, with the instructor performing the first. I started with two DNFs as I missed the exit gate from the slalom entering the skid pad. After that my times got better, with an occasional cone hit in the slalom. The pivot cone was my Achilles heel, as it seemed I was always braking too late or getting back on the gas too soon in the turn.

My last run was the best, at 49.3s which was an improvement of several seconds throughout the day.

Props to my instructor Michael who was patient & coached me thru the entire day. The folks of the Mav region PCA are top notch! :cheers:

The car handled well, and allowed me to really see the capabilities of it, although I used more tire rubber in 1 day than I did in the previous 9K miles :)

Highly recommended to anyone who is on the fence about participating..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts