Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no affiliation whatsoever, just a satisfied customer, but I received an email from Dannmar today that their MaxJax is on sale for $1699 delivered in the 48 states. Great price, less than I paid for mine several years ago. And their customer service is excellent, they took care of several little issues I had immediately, one even after it was out of warranty. First class folks.

https://www.maxjaxusa.com/buy-purch...nt=&_rmId=eozENbG0RzigwV785e11Tkp8qKN16Ec3wyr

I think its safe to say mine has paid for itself many times over in oil changes, other fluid changes, a clutch job on my 987, and countless other things. Its even great for detailing the lower half of the car since it lifts it up where you can work on it standing upright.(or sitting on your rolling seat)

I've used mine on my 981, 987(since sold), Cayenne and 535i. Works great on all of them.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
I have no affiliation whatsoever, just a satisfied customer, but I received an email from Dannmar today that their MaxJax is on sale for $1699 delivered in the 48 states. Great price, less than I paid for mine several years ago. And their customer service is excellent, they took care of several little issues I had immediately, one even after it was out of warranty. First class folks.

https://www.maxjaxusa.com/buy-purch...nt=&_rmId=eozENbG0RzigwV785e11Tkp8qKN16Ec3wyr

I think its safe to say mine has paid for itself many times over in oil changes, other fluid changes, a clutch job on my 987, and countless other things. Its even great for detailing the lower half of the car since it lifts it up where you can work on it standing upright.(or sitting on your rolling seat)

I've used mine on my 981, 987(since sold), Cayenne and 535i. Works great on all of them.
I have the SX-6 from the same (Parent) company, a completely different concept but I would say just what I needed, I have had for a couple of years now and don't know why I waited so long to buy it! :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a scissors jack before getting the MaxJax, used it a lot with my 987 CS, but I wanted something I could get underneath and that didn't close off a lot of the underbody. I sold mine (Norco brand) for $900 so the MaxJax only cost $1100, and I traded a gun for the Norco that I only had $350 invested in so I did pretty good overall. Nothing wrong with the scissors jacks, my Norco was a bit high and I had to use 2X12 boards on either side so the car would clear. Amazing how much the MaxJax has come down in price since I got mine in about '15.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
I had a scissors jack before getting the MaxJax, used it a lot with my 987 CS, but I wanted something I could get underneath and that didn't close off a lot of the underbody. I sold mine (Norco brand) for $900 so the MaxJax only cost $1100, and I traded a gun for the Norco that I only had $350 invested in so I did pretty good overall. Nothing wrong with the scissors jacks, my Norco was a bit high and I had to use 2X12 boards on either side so the car would clear. Amazing how much the MaxJax has come down in price since I got mine in about '15.
Ahhh, you know them well then, for me the only area that seems to be blocked is the floor pan under the passenger compartment, if I needed to get in there it would be a show stopper, but for everything else I have been fine. I too have 2x10's on each side of the SX-6 otherwise the BGTS would not clear. What I do like about the scissor-style is absolutely clear side access 360 degrees around the car, one of the main reasons I opted for this style.

You are right about the prices of the 2-post, they are good, actually better than that of the scissor style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts