Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: When the missus was driving and I was following behind (admiring the rear-end!) I noticed that the underneath was very straight apart from a rectangular protrusion off-centre on the right-hand side, under the engine?
What is that?

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Scrotum...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scoured the gallery for a suitable photo:

http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/1/7/0/1/2/guard.jpg

(Thanks K-Man S for the loan of your photo).
I have outline the piece.
This, I think is what I am referring to, and I only seem to have one on the rhs!

(with reference to Gomarlins3 comment - this sounds vaguely familiar to an infamous song about an infamous co-designer of Porsche!?)

What is this for exactly (as it seems to be pointing the wrong way to be a sump guard), and is it a problem only having one?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
There should be two of those forward facing scoops. I think it serves to redirect some cooling air into the engine bay. The scoop is made of rubber and is flexible. If at some point you snag something on it (like running over a cone in an AutoX), it's possible to have damage or tear it off.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
+1 on PistolPete's answer. Those rubber scoops can be purchased individually from your friendly parts supplier like Suncoast, or another sponsor.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
What if you have a girl Cayman?
Oh there are more than a few women that have their man's scrotums in hand if you know what I mean.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
... those keep you out of the ditch .... and yes, you should have two - for left AND right-side ditch....
The ditch guards? Is it worth getting the carbon fiber upgrades?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Everyone knows the Boxster is the girl Cayman.
I actually consider cars in general to be females. Wouldnt want to ride in a male :hilarious:

About the OP, they might snap off, but they are highly flexible, I hit the right one once on a curb and it twisted and came back into shape (with a little help from me :D)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
+1 on PistolPete's answer. Those rubber scoops can be purchased individually from your friendly parts supplier like Suncoast, or another sponsor.
Thanks for the comments.

Can anyone help me with a part number for this?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
There should be two of those forward facing scoops. I think it serves to redirect some cooling air into the engine bay....
Ahhh, so that's what those things are. Learn something new everyday (well, almost).

+1 on trading my boulders for a CS and pebbles:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
You can go this site to look for your part number
Karrera Parts and Accessories for Porsche Automobiles
Onece in a while the site is down, but very usefull

You are going to need to call , or e-mail your parts supplier

For my car 06 US the part number I think it is 986 331 361 03 spoiler, you are also going to need what amounts to two plastic rivets per spoiler I think they call them push button, but it is not detailed. I ordered them but my parts supplier is the one that actually gave me the part number.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts