Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Allan, Have you considered making side grills of the same material so that it all matches when doing a de-snork?

Would it be possible for me to make small rectangular cut-outs for laser shifters without the grills unraveling? Or prevent them from unraveling by folding the wire over the adjoining one?

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allan, Have you considered making side grills of the same material so that it all matches when doing a de-snork?

Would it be possible for me to make small rectangular cut-outs for laser shifters without the grills unraveling? Or prevent them from unraveling by folding the wire over the adjoining one?
Side grilles are a possibility, need to get round the mounting issue, As far as the lasers are concerned, I think most people have mounted them just behind the grilles and they have worked with no problems. If you have to cut I'm sure where the grille has joints, it's fixed ( tacked with either solder or weld, but I may be wrong)....I'll ask and come back to you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just ordered my set!

I trust that they come with instal instructions as I did not find any on your website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since this group buy closes March 8th, does this mean that they won't be shipped/manufactured until AFTER Mach 8th, even if we order and pay now? I'm interested in Kit 1 (2 Outer Grilles Only) in BLACK for the Cayman Gen2 and wondering if I can get it sooner.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, I’m not dead, but have just been involved with a proposal for putting a route together for an American Company that involves driving from Japan via Russia (and the Road of Bones) to Anchorage then via Whistler and finally finishing in LA.
It’s taken me 2 weeks solid, and emails have been flying in and out from them 24/7.
I thought that I’d answered all others, but maybe I’ve missed a few, so apologies.
I’m back on now and will try and make up for lost time, promise.

I have various Grilles coming in next Tuesday, 25 sets in fact, so in answer to one question, If I have an order for those grilles they will ship immediately, without waiting for the end of the group buy.
We are also "getting on" with the 996 turbo/C4S masters so they should be ready in about 4 weeks.

Anyway glad some of you missed me !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just ordered my set!

I trust that they come with instal instructions as I did not find any on your website.
Sorry doubledge I've not seen your order. ?? but Yes instructions are included

Since this group buy closes March 8th, does this mean that they won't be shipped/manufactured until AFTER Mach 8th, even if we order and pay now? I'm interested in Kit 1 (2 Outer Grilles Only) in BLACK for the Cayman Gen2 and wondering if I can get it sooner.
They can ship next Wednesday 24th Feb, if I have your order

·
Registered
50 Posts
They can ship next Wednesday 24th Feb, if I have your order
Excellent:banana:
but before I order just the grills, would you happen to have a spare clear engine cover that I can attach to this order? Am hoping you may have an extra one from the first GB, since no second run was ever done. And do you know if the CEC will fit Gen.2 CS?

Sorry for going off topic. I've sent you a PM on this regard as well

Thanks in advance:)

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may have a slightly damaged one !! (I started to cut in the wrong place) but apart from that No to cover (Yes it will fit, with no issues as the plenium is actually about 4mm lower in the new car) I will look when in work tomorrow.
Sorry if I didn't answer your mail.!! as stated was a bit stressed with doing 2 months work in 10-12 days !!
allan

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Allan, any chance of getting some of the mesh to do side grills (desnork) so that it matches the front and rear?
Les without an outer frame the mesh will eventually fall apart.
Let me have a look to see if there is room between the inner and outer components of the side intake to fit a thinner frame to this !!

allan

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Allan, what I was really planning on doing is gluing the mesh to the back of the existing grills. I didn't realize it but ozzief16a has already done this on the behind the intake front grills successfully. I'd expect this would keep the mesh from unraveling.

On the left hand side the existing backing plate will probably work fine to glue to. On the right hand cooling intake it might take a little more thought since the finished grill doesn't have a backing plate over its full height. I rather imagine the hollow fins could be filled with a molding compound to give a good surface to glue to.

Of course if you can fit a frame around it all so that it just snaps in with no real work at all I won't complain.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What!? I went through the order process on your website the day of my last post. What should I do? I don't want to get two orders.
doubledge, the order comes directly to me as an email, I wouldn't send two identical orders without contacting you to confirm that is what was required.
but, go to Welcome to Motordrive seats in the top left hand corner you will see Home , View Basket, Checkout if there is any items or value underneath, then you have not checked out, so I won't receive your order.
As I have stock due to arrive on Tuesday, I will start to ship same day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you're maintaining an 'I want' list for Gen 2 rear grilles would you add my name? Mahalo!:thanks:

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Group Buy Closes 8th March

As we are still receiving requests for all grilles, please find below a further Group Buy.
We will also take Pre-Orders/interest requests for 996 Turbo/4S & 997 GT3's in this Group Buy as they will be due-ish at the end of this period

Thanks for the photo, above SeaMover

For Photo's and details please look here:
Motordrive Seats CaymanClub Group Buys
Also Note as some of these Items are now "Stock Items" we will endeavor to ship on a rolling inventory.
CaymanGen1 Fronts & Rears

5-C1-01) NM BMiller........Kit 1 in Black- Confirmed & Paid..Tks Brian Shipped 24th Feb- Del 25th @ 12:25
5-C1-02) JackWood........Kit 1 in Black- Confirmed...Tks Jack Paid and fitted at my house !!Fitted
5-C1-03) doubledge.........Kit 1 in Black- Confirmed & Paid ..Tks GregShipped 24th Feb - Del 25th @ 10:36
5-C1-04) monk46............Kit 1 in Black- Confirmed & Paid ..Tks Michael Shipped 24th Feb- Del 26th @ 08:31

CaymanGen2 Fronts

5-C2-01) BIC.................Kit 4 in Black- Interest for REARS when ready ..Tks Barry
5-C2-02) Dontdobends....Kit 3 in Black Confirmed..Tks JohnCollected 24th Feb
5-C2-03) vrecaro..........Kit 1 in Black awaiting cofirmation
5-C2-04) Cdubya...........Kit 4 in Black- Interest for REARS when ready ..Tks Charles

Boxster 987 Fronts

1)2)3) etc
Boxster 986 Fronts
1)2)3) etc
997.1 Carerra Fronts

5-997-01) NM Walter KM...Kit 3 in Black- Confirmed Order Rcd & PSP Paid ..Tks WalterShipped 24th Feb- Del 25th @ 11:10
5-997-02) NM Geoff F.......Kit 1 in Black Confirmed & Paid ..Tks GeoffShipping 25th Feb- Del 26th @ 15:00
5-997-03) etc
996Turbo/Carerra4S Fronts Interest Only at This point
So far about 30 people have put their names forward, so this is going to happen soon
997 GT3Interest Only at This point
1)2)3) etc

NOW HOLDING STOCK OF
CAYMAN1 & CAYMAN2 IN BLACK & SILVER
987 BOXSTER IN BLACK
997.1 IN BLACK

·
Registered
85 Posts
Allan,

How do I get advantage of the group buy? Should I just go directly to your moterdrive website to order? How do you know I am Cayman Club member?

Sorry for the stupid question but this is the first time I get into this "Group Buy" thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts