Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, We are now getting requests again for this popular addition to the Cayman, as spring is now here (ummmm) and people are now starting to think of the summer ahead.
We will run this GB until mid April.
I have 5 units due to be delivered at the end of this week(1st week March) for immediate shipping, with a further 10 units due mid March

I'm holding the price of:
780GBP (approx $1188) Delivered to the US,
772.70GBP+VAT(approx 860Euros+VAT) Delivered throughout Europe,
£741.00+VAT Delivered in the UK
(International Shipping via FedEx Priority next day)

Diff will fit the following:
987 Gen 1-Cayman&Boxster S 3.4 Manual
987 Gen 1-Cayman&Boxster 2.7 (6speed only) Manual

MARCH LIST 2010
1)& 2) CaymanS2.......(Hong Kong) Awaiting Payment
3) Red Label Moto...........(USA)-.......PAID Due to ship 4th March
4)
5)

Please order via the Group Buy on my signature (& scroll down to the diff)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Allan I just paid via your group buy link. I think you told me it is 780 GBP no matter what the final tally on your payment page said, so thats what I'm expecting to be charged to my card.

Please remember to ship my unit to G-Box in Colorado:

ABOUT THE COMPANY-GBOX Porsche gearbox service

They will have it by Monday the 8th you think?

And once more to be perfectly clear, the transmission I am using was removed from a 2005 Boxster S 6-speed. A 987 chassis vehicle with VIN:

WP0CB29815U730138

Thanks again for the great service!

:banana:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Allan can you double check this fitment for me as well? Hopefully before you ship mine please.

I was told that any 987 series 6-speed box is the same up to 2008. So any 6-speed Boxster '05 to '08 or 6-speed Cayman '06 to '08 would have essentially the identical transmission. But now that I check my emails from Quaife directly, I see they were going to sell me a QDF7Q.

As I said earlier, my transmission is from a 2005 Boxster S 6-speed, 987 chassis.

Thanks much Allan~

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought it would be the QDF7Q, but I could be wrong.
This is incorrect info. Ask me how I know, c**p!

All 987 gen1 6-speed transmissions are the same. No matter if it came in a Boxster or a Cayman. "S" or base model, it does not matter. For some unknown reason, if you ask Quaife directly, they tell you the correct unit for a '05 or '06 Boxster 6-speed is a QDF7Q. But in fact it takes the same unit as a Cayman, the QDF12Q.

Why the manufacturer says otherwise is anyone's guess. Imagine my disappointment after having Allan ship me a new Quaife all the way to the 'states for my builder to assemble only to discover I received the wrong unit :(

So Allan I need the correct QDF12Q sent out as soon as you can, thanks!

:helpme:

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

All 987 gen1 6-speed transmissions are the same. No matter if it came in a Boxster or a Cayman. "S" or base model, it does not matter. For some unknown reason, if you ask Quaife directly, they tell you the correct unit for a '05 or '06 Boxster 6-speed is a QDF7Q. But in fact it takes the same unit as a Cayman, the QDF12Q.

Why the manufacturer says otherwise is anyone's guess. Imagine my disappointment after having Allan ship me a new Quaife all the way to the 'states for my builder to assemble only to discover I received the wrong unit :(

I'm sure you had it almost before you posted. Mel sent out a 12Q Monday.
(I would have sent the 12Q, but after your email I also checked with the manufactures and then sent out a 7Q !!!!!!!) Sorry for the confusion. Hope all is alright now.......allan

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'm afraid I should wait to see how it turns out for Red. Can I get in on the deal if I wait for his to be installed?
Sure, I have 2 units left, but have more due when I get back to the UK from Park City Utah, which is where I am this week. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'm confused. Did you transplant the tranny from a Boxster S into something else? What car do you have?

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Park City Utah that's my backyard you could have hand delivered to me. You must be skiing or snowboarding.
No unfortunately, Was putting a driving on Ice and Snow event on for Subaru of America, which because of the weather (not cold enough, not enough snow) was a struggle, but we pulled through JUST !!. If you'd have said I could have brought a unit out with me !
(I have some stock now, so when would you like one !!)..............allan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes sucking winter here in northern Utah all the storms went south. I guess you visiting during one of those many warm spells we've had.

So this is still the top mod on my list justing waiting for a quote from the mechanic on the install. I just need to bring the car down to him. He is a 928 guy so he has never done the diff on a Cayman so he just needs to take a look. I do most all my own work but this one is for someone else no time and over my head without help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts