Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, anyone in the local area able to help me with a GT3 TB, IPD Plenum, Evoms Intake, and possibly short shift with Numeric Cables install? My indy wants a ridiculous amount to do all this and would like to work on the car myself like I did with my old M5. I live in the Milton, FL area and would greatly appreciate it! Obviously I'll bring a case of beer and a bottle of your favorite medicine as a thank you.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Hey Josh. I use a local shop here in Miami called "Garage Yourself". The owner Todd has a lot of ability and common sense along with all the tools you need. $25 an hour for your own bay with tools, lift, and help when needed. Maybe you have a place similar to this in the Pensacola area? I did the SSK and NR Cables myself with the internet and Planet 9 input; definitely the harder "school of hard knocks" approach. If you can find some local knowledge, that would save time and re-efforts! Adjustment instructions were hard fomr me to comprehend but it finally go through my thick skull. Was about 5-6 hour job as I was meticulously slow and deliberate to try to minimize redoing. Still had a couple of times of going back over. Results are worth the efforts!!! Car shifts smartly, precise, and with a more mechanical feel (which I was going for). Took some getting used to but feedback from others that drive my car is positive.

I do all of my work at Garage Yourself and show up with just parts and car. Todd provides all the tools and fully equipped bay. I even mounted and balanced my own tires with his machines and his help. Awesome arrangement!!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about the results from the TB and plenum with Shiv's map!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts