Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Meet the new, lower priced AWE Tuning Foiler™ Wind Diffuser for 981/991s

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Josh/AWE 
#1 · (Edited)
Presenting the lower priced, injection-molded AWE Tuning Foiler™ Wind Diffuser. The simple, elegant solution to wind buffeting in Porsche 981/991s.

• The elegant solution for Porsche 981/991 wind buffeting
  • UV stabilized injection-molded plastic for the perfect OE-style look
  • Combats buffeting, both on the track and the street
  • Allows for “single window” down driving without buffeting
  • Perfect OE-like fitment
  • Simple, quick installation
  • Includes driver’s side and passenger side fitments

What’s wind buffeting?

You know that sound that happens when your window is down at speed that makes it feel like your head is going to implode? That’s called wind buffeting. It happens when you’re moving fast, and it’s quite the issue on the newest generation of Porsche Boxster/Cayman and 911. So instead of just letting our brains melt under the pressure, we did something about it.

Porsche design

The AWE Tuning Foiler™ Wind Diffuser boasts an unobtrusive yet elegant design. Crafted from UV stabilized injection-molded plastic, the Foiler™ Wind Diffuser complements Porsche styling without calling unwanted attention. Installation is a breeze with AWE Tuning’s user-friendly, bolt-on design.

Passenger and driver’s side Foiler™ Wind Diffuser included, as well as all hardware needed for installation.

Roll down your window and wave goodbye to wind buffeting.

Questions? Hit me here or feel free to email me directly!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, everyone. I come bearing good news!

We have revised the design of the Foiler™ to make the installation process very, very easy.

We have incorporated new changes to the brackets--the screw holes on the Foiler™ itself feature square pegs, and the coordinating brackets have square ports to prevent the bracket from spinning during install.

The screws themselves are now panhead.

Finally, we've revised the instruction guides to be very easy to follow. In these new guides (found on our website right here) you will be prompted to see whether you have the exposed or hidden screw. We recommend checking before purchasing so you are aware of what steps are required beforehand.

In addition to our installation guide a full DIY article, which these images above are from, can be found right here--courtesy of our friend Ken Smiley (K-Man S), Founder of Planet 9.

I hope this news finds everyone well, and allows those who were contemplating purchasing a set of Foiler™ Wind Diffusers to proceed with confidence!

#5 ·
Got some a few weeks ago. Not sure if they are new design or not, but if they get any easier to install, they may be installing themselves. The instructions I had were clear and worked first time. Probably the fastest upgrade I have ever done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.