Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the last few weeks I spent a lot of time with my possible future son in law shopping cars.

VW GTI, WRX, M3, S4 and Cayman.

Today we were at our local Porsche dealer and bought a 2014 Cayman, PDK, Bose, bi-xenon, sports seats and Navi.

Sticker $68,000, got it for $57,000 with all of 64 miles on it. They threw in CPO which adds 2 years of warranty, nice! Plus rubber floor mats, clear side markers. Plus 2 Porsche design gift certificates for $250 each.

Now, here is the real kicker!!! My friend (who is the dealer) just sold a Boxster with 20" wheels and the owner wanted 18" wheels so we simply swapped the wheels..... Wow!

Pic is is without wheels and side markers, will be installed Monday afternoon.

All in in all a good day, so happy I could help out.

Later,
Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great deal. It will bea wonderful spring and summer. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it usual to be able to knock ~10,000 off the price of a cayman or was this car's sticker unusually high?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it usual to be able to knock ~10,000 off the price of a cayman or was this car's sticker unusually high?

I think this is fairly unusual... The dealer had the car since fall of last year, it was over the holidays on display in a mall, somehow nobody bought the car. So after all this time they were ready to go for a deal and we got really lucky.

Today we spent like 15 man hours detailing, clay bar, compounding, polishing and sealing, there were swirls and scratches all over but now it looks like it should!

:cheers:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course we asked for a deal! It helped that I bought about 15 cars from this dealer over the past 20 years.... I know, crazy! but we always paid fair prices for both parties involved. Once in a while the stars align and a really good deal comes along.

Pic was taken on our driveway, no danger, my family knows better, for sure!

later,
Andy

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Great Deal!! :dance: Congrats!

Yet I do not think that it is that unusual.....

• First its a 2014 model so technically it is a year old. This in itself is worth 10% off sticker IMO.
  • My experience says usual discounts run 6 to 8% on "off lot" current model year Caymans.

So 12K discount (with all the other goodies) off $68K sticker is ~17%. Good deal, yet in the ballpark of what I would expect.

You were in the right place at the right time!! And your past experience with this dealer greased the deal. :banana:

:cheers:

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
So who is the car for ???

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, the car is for the "possible" future son-in-law, he paid for it, not me, I was just helping out and guiding him in the right direction :hilarious:

Smart young guy, 30, has a PHD in computer science and works hard for his $$$.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Attached Thumbnails

Man!!! You are going to have to learn not to park so close to other cars. CPO is for used cars... They can not just throw it in!

regarding the CPO, Porsche financial requested the dealer to do this! Car was dealer owned and had the factory warranty. But think about it, now there is 5 years/100,000 miles warranty, that is a real deal right there. CPO is usually valued at approximately. $3,000, substantial savings!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
thats the right choice! :)

nice colour and lucky on the wheel swap too! happy motoring for you and potential son in law...must be a good bonding experience...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
OK, the car is for the "possible" future son-in-law, he paid for it, not me, I was just helping out and guiding him in the right direction :hilarious:

Smart young guy, 30, has a PHD in computer science and works hard for his $$$.
Hmmm, kind of counter intuitive to help him buy a chick magnet like that car when he's dating your daughter! lol j/k

1 - 17 of 17 Posts