Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking up a 2010 Cayman S this weekend and wanted to pick out an exhaust. I'm leaning toward either the Meisterschaft GT OR Fabspeed Race Exhaust. Which one would you guys pick and why?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'll be picking up a 2010 Cayman S this weekend and wanted to pick out an exhaust. I'm leaning toward either the Meisterschaft GT OR Fabspeed Race Exhaust. Which one would you guys pick and why?
I can't help with your choice - I've never heard the Meisterchaft. However I think you should have explained what you are looking for first. How your CS will be primarily used; your experience with high dB exhausts; etc.. Also, I recommend waiting a while to figure what you like and don't like about the current setup.

A coup will drone more than a roadster - and other noises (road noise/engine noise) are also present.
AFA drone, it can be extremely annoying when in the mid-2K range. With an MT you learn to avoid that range. With a PDK, that's not as easy. Sure, you can always shift manually.

If performance is your primary (maybe only) concern - that's a different story.
BTW, I have a Fabspeed Maxflow, and to me it is probably the perfect compromise for a DD. I no longer notice the drone (MT6) because I stay above 2800 most of the time when the car is under any appreciable load. With the windows down the sound inside is sweet but not obnoxious. However with the windows up, the exhaust note is not loud enough to drown-out the other sounds (road/engine, and oher) that seem to be resonant in the large coup interior cavity. So I tend to leave the windows down a little except on the hottest days.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have a Fabspeed Race Exhaust on a Gen 1. Drone is unacceptable on the street but I love the exhaust on the track.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Touching on what both RSchwerer and BillL223 said -

Doubleapex- What is your car primary used for? Daily Driver? Weekend Car? Track Car?

The Supercup Race Exhaust is reserved more for track only cars, where as the Maxflo is a great mix of aggressive raw sound under heavy acceleration, but more subtle under normal driving conditions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car is a PDK (forgot to mention that). I'm looking for weight savings and performance. The car is not and will not be a daily driver, it'll be driven around town a bit and taken to the track. Next summer I'll be doing a full race car build so weight and performance are at the top of my list. I have a GT3RS that I run without the side mufflers on the street/track so I'm used to louder exhausts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts