Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just recently joined the site (my first post) and was curious how many active posters on here were from around my area (Overland Park). I've had my 2006 Cayman S for just a week and a half so far and have been loving it. I was wondering what other local members' opinions were of our nearby dealerships/service shops and if there's any local groups that ever do events.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new to you croc. I am over in Lees Summit on the MO side. Haven't really dealt with Aristocrat as I purchased my '06 about two years ago. I used Rennsport KC a few weeks ago for my 8 year major service. They are great, quick and reasonable. Will definitely continue to use them in the future. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
I usually refer people to Karl over at Rennsport KC in Grandview as Karl is a good guy and typically knows what he is doing. If it involves something that requires PIWIS programming you may have to go to the Porsche dealer, but otherwise Rennsport KC is a good place to go. There is some other shop in Merriam that I can't remember the name of but everyone in the local club tries to avoid the place because they've messed up cars, I think they work more on Audis and BMWs now anyway. Other than that, I have a lift and do most of my own work in my garage. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's cool to see that there's other people on here that are around the area. I'm brand new to the Porsche world so I'm sure I'll be around here a lot to learn more. And on an unrelated note, no matter what I try, I'm unable to upload pictures of my car to the garage even though they meet the requirements...does anyone know what might be the issue?

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's cool to see that there's other people on here that are around the area. I'm brand new to the Porsche world so I'm sure I'll be around here a lot to learn more. And on an unrelated note, no matter what I try, I'm unable to upload pictures of my car to the garage even though they meet the requirements...does anyone know what might be the issue?

It seems that in our recent security lock down the directory where your photos end up was locked and not allowing photos to be placed there. We've unlocked it and now it should work for you, please try again and let me know.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I live over in Olathe. I'm now on my second Cayman S (2014). My first was a 2006 and loved it. I've only serviced my vehicles at Aristocrat. Todd in their service department has been great and everything I've had done has been fine.

Welcome to the club.

Jason

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Also, by joining PCA you will get the magazine on a regular basis and also have access to the Kansas City Region's site and all club activities throughout the year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts