Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I came across a posting from a west coast PCA region that was doing a parks-drive. Basically, they take a day, plot a course, and visit a few stops on the way (good photo ops, lunch, coffee, etc.). I know several of us have met up or tried to meet up with limited success, but I am trying to gauge interest. It could even be a half day (early Sat morning, for instance?). I know most of us likely have busy schedules, maybe if we plan far enough in advance, we can get some time committed. It would be really cool to get together. I think we have lots of flexibility on routes, and I know several other members have good routes too. Maybe we could do sometime in May??

Thoughts?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not sure if any of you reading this are Porsche Club of America (PCA) members.

I am a new member of the North NJ Region-PCA and I'm impressed by the number of activities they have. And this includes "rallys" which seem to be just easy tours around the area according to some current members (in other words, mostly a social thing and not some competitive "race").
If some of you can't work out your "park/drive" thing, a PCA rally might work.

On May 20, 2018 they have a rally they call "WELCOME TO THE CLUB RALLY"
Date - (Sunday) 10:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Start Location--High Marques Motor Cars, Inc, 169 Washington St. Morristown, NJ

The NNJR-PCA also has a New Member Welcome Gathering (I'm going to this)
Scheduled: Feb 10, 2018 at 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Location: Paul Miller Porsche 3419 Route 46, East Parsippany, NJ

I suspect other PCA regions have similar events.

If you are interested in the NNJR-PCA here's their website (check out their calendar):

NNJR - Porsche Club of America

My wife and I plan to attend some of these local event.......but we already spend 40+ days a year on the road towing our MG to vintage car races, so we may be more interested in PCA events in our "off season".

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'd like to participate (my son enjoys seeing others people's cars; and showing off his to others). We're busy Satursday mornings, and so Sunday works better for us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts