Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how to to adjust brightness of the speedometer and tachometer.
I know how to adjust brightness of the PCM.
BUT neither ways change the brightness of the MFD. I was expecting that there was a sensor that modifies it automatically when, for instance, entering a parking from a sunny day. In my car the MFD stays too bright, showing no sensitivity to darker environments.

Is it a normal behavior?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know how to to adjust brightness of the speedometer and tachometer.
I know how to adjust brightness of the PCM.
BUT neither ways change the brightness of the MFD. I was expecting that there was a sensor that modifies it automatically when, for instance, entering a parking from a sunny day. In my car the MFD stays too bright, showing no sensitivity to darker environments.

Is it a normal behavior?
I've also noticed the MFD is sometimes too bright at night. But I don't always notice it, begging the question of whether it's consistent. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The manual says Vehicle > Settings > Display > Brightness adjusts the MFD brightness - does this not work?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have my MFD adjusted quite low, and now I've noticed it does adjust in brightness when it's dark, but it is too sensitive - it brightens up under street lights while driving, depending on speed as passing them. Seems like it could be slower to react or have a better placed sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts