Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new one for me.

Recently (sometime in the last week or so) my MFD has decided that my iPod is what it wants to show when I start my 2014 981. Even though I switch it back to the vehicle info display and re-save my current settings to both #1 memory position and my key, when I start my car, my iPod is displayed on the MFD. Also, I don't have auto-memory enabled.

I know there've been posts about resetting the window position and seat comfort setting. Anybody know of a way to reset the MFD?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I have mine set with memory on and save to key.

It always comes up in the mode that it was in when the car was shut down.

What happens to yours if you turn memory back on and have the Vehicle display up?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here's a new one for me.

Recently (sometime in the last week or so) my MFD has decided that my iPod is what it wants to show when I start my 2014 981. Even though I switch it back to the vehicle info display and re-save my current settings to both #1 memory position and my key, when I start my car, my iPod is displayed on the MFD. Also, I don't have auto-memory enabled.

I know there've been posts about resetting the window position and seat comfort setting. Anybody know of a way to reset the MFD?
I an now having the same issue, although my MFD is now starting with the TPMS display instead of vehicle info. I was at the track this past weekend, and perhaps I shut off the car with the TPMS display on or something. But I have put the display on Vehicle info, then saved to memory (1) and save to key (3). Locked and un-locked to insure key saved... but to no avail.

Anyone no what the secret is to getting the MFD to start back on Vehicle Info.... this is driving me nuts!

UPDATE: I also do NOT have "auto-memory" enabled ... but I may give that a try as a last resort.

SOLUTION: I enabled "auto-memory", set MFD to Vehicle Info display, and also saved to (1), and to key (3).

Thanks,
Ed

Reactions: tackhead
1 - 3 of 3 Posts