Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on this.. its only 1 review but the results are interesting.

In short :

Dry Handling : Conti SC6
Wet Handling : GY F1
Dry and Wet braking : Michelin
Comfort : Michelin
Noice : Conti SC6

Seems like Conti SC6 is the best all rounder.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Nice video. Guy seems to know his stuff and he did a thorough job
BUT TireRack test shows PS4S clearly beats the ContiECS who was 3rd in all categories with PSS 2nd
Only really new was the new Goodyear's which TireRack didn't have. which went from 5th there to 3rd here.

Personal usage - I would agree dry handling PS4S not great. No comparison to RE-71R but they are extreme not max class tire.
This contradicts probably any test but I really like PSS. Had them on my 986 BS and now on my Vette. Think nice on street and worked for me autocrossing.
I've driven Conti so can't say but a friend with a 987 Cayman just change from Conti to RE-71 and loves them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice video. Guy seems to know his stuff and he did a thorough job
BUT TireRack test shows PS4S clearly beats the ContiECS who was 3rd in all categories with PSS 2nd
Only really new was the new Goodyear's which TireRack didn't have. which went from 5th there to 3rd here.
The ECS and SC6 are not the same tire.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Thanks for letting me know that. I had never heard of any Conti perf tires except ECS.
TireRack didn't review or recommend the SC6. But there are 3 user reviews on the. All said not a great track tire after a few lanes; can't take the heat.
Surprised the video tester didn't get to that point during his testing. I look forward to more feedback from users and hopefully some words from TireRack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts