Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received word from Michelin that the N-spec homologation Pilot Sport 4S tires for Boxster/Cayman in the 20" fitments will have limited availability beginning, at the earliest, late fall in North America. I need tires now so I believe I will purchase the generic version of the Pilot Sport 4S rather than continuing with the P-Zero's. Any thoughts or downsides?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm running non N-Spec Michelin Pilot SuperSports and have been for about 15k miles so I would imagine your experience would be just fine/even better. The Michelins seem to do much better in rainy conditions vs the P Zero.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
N-spec is usually like $300 extra at least. You're better off buying a spare rear tire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have the regular P4S and while I don't think they are scrubbed in yet, they have been just fine.

The only down side I've seen mentioned is the dealer won't CPO the car if you are selling / trading so may need to replace tires then.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The dealers are really stuck on the N spec. The 4S is a better handling tire than anything that is N spec and it does meet all the criteria. If I can help let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.