Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello,

I have a question about Bibendum ps2 also if I may. Mine is a Gen1 2.7 with 12,000 miles on 18" wheels. The right rear tire (265/40/18) has developped a golf ball size growth on the sidewall. Car runs fine no vibration but it is very uninspiring without a spare. It is still stored but I intend to drive it south to Nags Head this summer. Do I have to change both tires because of uneven diameter? Or can I get away with only one new tire? I could also steal one pair of the 245/45/18 on the XK8 (within .3 inch diameter) since I have many sets for the cat and it sits more often in the garage now.

thank you,
Francois

·
Registered
786 Posts
I will answer both questions. If done correctly the tires will not be damaged from changing them. I did the winter summer change on my BMW for years before buying wheels.
Secondly, the bulge in the sidewall is caused by an impact and the inside belts of the tire have been cut. I would replace the tire before you have an issue. If I can help witht he tire just let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.