Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first ever event at MO last weekend. It rained most of the three days I was there. It is by far the slipperest track I have ever driven. Think black ice and you are dialed into the grip level. The track has had sealer put down to protect the asphalt on the driving line and it so slippery it borders on the rediculous. Even driving off line is hard as you must cross the sealer at some point!

Many black flags and lot's of 720's. Fortunately no bent sheet metal.

Did I mention I really liked the track for the two mostly dry sesions? LOL

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Sorry to hear! It had to be a major disappointment considering the long drive.

We had similar conditions at Shenandoah this weekend with Potomac PCA. That track turns to ice too :eek:

Were those 2 dry sessions enough to bring you back? I hope you try it again because it's an awesome track.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a bad weekend for me. friday I got in two laps under caution before my PS pump bought the farm. Spent the day in Cleveland getting it replaced. Track was wet all day sat went out twice to learn the line a little bit. Sunday morning skipped the first session. second session the track was mostly dry same with the third. Wrapped it up & went home early afternoon. Will post some video passing assorted TT's, GT3RS's, BMW's gutted tricked out 911's etc. in the red / black run group dry sessions. Not very smooth driving but the car was great. Ran low boost in the most conservative tune. Did get passed by a CanAm car! LOL

I did like the track very much. I'll chance going back in the dry. So much to learn there. I can do much better.

Met some very good Cayman driving instructors there & got some great coaching.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Diverdog:
It was good to meet you, but unfortunate that the weather wasn't more accommodating.

The sealer issue is a problem and it has gotten worse in the last few years. We first drove the track after it was repaved in May of 06 and it didn't have sealer on it at all. We had a 2 day DE and it poured both days, but MOR ran all the groups and I was amazed how much traction we got out of our then new 06 Boxster and the PS2's on the car--very confidence inspiring.

They added the sealer gradually and it seemed like last year they expanded it away from the apex areas to nearly mid-track-- the right-hander turn 9 at the bottom of madness is the worst example and is treacherous when wet.
When you see the instructors not coming out when the track is wet, the message is pretty obvious.

Sunday cleared up pretty well, we got 5 session in--including the one after lunch which provided a few heart flutters as a very brief shower opened up just as I started to enter the braking zone going into turn 1. If it weren't for the PSM coming on, I'd sailed into the kitty liter.

Anyway, I hope you saw enough to warrant a trip back; we've been driving there for 5 years and learn something new every DE.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to meet you too Mike. It is a very interesting track. As usual the fellowship and sharing of knowledge from more experienced drivers was great. So many good people at DE's.

I didn't make the trip with NNJR for the last 2 years and of course the weather was beautiful! Maybe I'm the jinx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.