Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first ever event at MO last weekend. It rained most of the three days I was there. It is by far the slipperest track I have ever driven. Think black ice and you are dialed into the grip level. The track has had sealer put down to protect the asphalt on the driving line and it so slippery it borders on the rediculous. Even driving off line is hard as you must cross the sealer at some point!

Many black flags and lot's of 720's. Fortunately no bent sheet metal.

Did I mention I really liked the track for the two mostly dry sesions? LOL

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a bad weekend for me. friday I got in two laps under caution before my PS pump bought the farm. Spent the day in Cleveland getting it replaced. Track was wet all day sat went out twice to learn the line a little bit. Sunday morning skipped the first session. second session the track was mostly dry same with the third. Wrapped it up & went home early afternoon. Will post some video passing assorted TT's, GT3RS's, BMW's gutted tricked out 911's etc. in the red / black run group dry sessions. Not very smooth driving but the car was great. Ran low boost in the most conservative tune. Did get passed by a CanAm car! LOL

I did like the track very much. I'll chance going back in the dry. So much to learn there. I can do much better.

Met some very good Cayman driving instructors there & got some great coaching.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to meet you too Mike. It is a very interesting track. As usual the fellowship and sharing of knowledge from more experienced drivers was great. So many good people at DE's.

I didn't make the trip with NNJR for the last 2 years and of course the weather was beautiful! Maybe I'm the jinx!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.