Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a picture of a Cayman or Boxster wheels finished in Midnight Blue. I am thinking of purchasing a Carerra White Cayman S with Ocean Blue interior and was thinking of a midnight blue Cayman stripe down the side. Thought Midnight Blue wheels might look cool but they would be a very special order so I have never seen a wheel finished in that colour. Anyone got a pic of one?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I think this is a strange enough request that you will NOT get any pictures posted.

Perhaps you could post again, post up a picture with OEM Wheels and ask someone to photoshop them blue for you?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point. Here is an image, can someone photoshop it for me so that it has dark blue wheels please:)

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I think you would have a hard time distinguishing the wheels as being midnight blue - I think they will primarily look black. Even when an entire car is painted midnight, they almost always look black until they're in the bright sunlight and you're up close to the car - then you see the blue and the purple highlights underneath. With the small surface area of the wheels coming into play, I think it will only make it more so.

brad

·
Registered
517 Posts
Midnight looks more purple than anything else in the sun. It really only looks blue in the shade or when it is perfectly clean. There is a lot of red flake in the paint that gives it that look. You can't really see it in photos well. I would pick a different color blue to give you that "matched" look to the sea blue interior. I think a white exterior car would go well with a blue wheel. Especially with some matching color graphics.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I've seen an early Boxster, white/blue wheels,....and it does look very good, problem is as others have said, Porsches midnight blue has morphed a bit to the purple side lately, great color, just not as blue as it once was. You can always order a white car with the side stripes, then have the wheels painted to match the stripes, sea blue int, etc. The factory does charge a high premium for painted wheels, much more than a good 3rd party will charge.

White on blue is an excellent combo. A few months ago a nearby dealer had a white on blue 997 turbo, with lots of painted interior pieces and carbon fiber. Man, that was one serious looking car.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
check out this thread on rennlist "Carrera Sport Wheel curb rash repair" under 997 forum, look for poster named "leader"

Midnight Blue with Midnight Blue Carrera Sport Wheels looks really good on "leader's car"

I am looking for a picture of a Cayman or Boxster wheels finished in Midnight Blue. I am thinking of purchasing a Carerra White Cayman S with Ocean Blue interior and was thinking of a midnight blue Cayman stripe down the side. Thought Midnight Blue wheels might look cool but they would be a very special order so I have never seen a wheel finished in that colour. Anyone got a pic of one?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The current Cayman S script available down the side is in Midnight Blue so i thought it would look nice with blue wheels to match. What do you guys think to blue mirrors also? Would it be worth having the side grilles and possibly from grilles done in the same colour?

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
The current Cayman S script available down the side is in Midnight Blue so i thought it would look nice with blue wheels to match. What do you guys think to blue mirrors also? Would it be worth having the side grilles and possibly from grilles done in the same colour?
I'd do the graphics and wheels first, then decide on the rest. I dont' think the mirrors would gain you much looks-wise. The vents and grilles might look good or it might start to be too much. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts