Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have 147,680 on my '06. Nothing to bolster the engine, just Softronic plenum & tune.

Haven't had to do a rebuild yet, even though I know I've got a scant few stage-4 over revs. :beer:
Cool, great to see someone really driving their car all the time and enjoying it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have 147,680 on my '06. Nothing to bolster the engine, just Softronic plenum & tune.

Haven't had to do a rebuild yet, even though I know I've got a scant few stage-4 over revs. :beer:
Cheers to Fab944,
Nothing I like more than seeing a real sports car driven. And I mean really driven. It is what you paid for right?

·
Registered
130 Posts

Awesome. Glad you're enjoying your car, and always glad to hear that someone has *way* more miles than I do and the engine is still ticking right along. Hope we all see many many more in our cars.

·
Registered
125 Posts
36,000 on my 2007 CS. I recently had my TPMS sensors replaced (CPO). Regular maintenance, tires, and fuel is all she has asked for.

·
Registered
574 Posts
143,000ish on mine. Third owner.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Little over 22K on my '08 C

·
Registered
34 Posts
37508...... want to drive it's wheels off, but at the same time I obsess about putting miles on it an its my DD. I have problems.

Cheap 4x4 is in my future.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
'07 with 52,400 miles on her. I'm the third owner and have had the car for two years, due to extensive travel and working from home I'm only putting on about 5k miles per year.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bought my 08 Cayman S in December, 2011 with 17,821 miles on the odometer. Just turned 30,523 miles with no issues except for a tensioner pulley which was replaced under warranty at 28,000 miles. Also replaced 5 year old battery yesterday. Absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
fab944 and Boiler Inspector...

Congrats on closing in on 150,000 miles! That's pretty spectacular. Care to share any secrets to your success??

What are your oil change intervals, and what oil(s) have you been using??

Have your vehicles seen any track duty??

Have you changed transaxle fluid regularly along the way??

Are you still on the original clutch??

Anything else you care to share after taking your 987s farther than most??

:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts

Congrats on closing in on 150,000 miles! That's pretty spectacular. Care to share any secrets to your success??

What are your oil change intervals, and what oil(s) have you been using??

Have your vehicles seen any track duty??

Have you changed transaxle fluid regularly along the way??

Are you still on the original clutch??

I just got it in February, with 138k on it so I can't really share any secrets. It's in the shop now for a new flywheel and shift cables.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
07 CS with 37k miles. The car has been reliable thus far with only a water pump and TPSM replaced at 30K, a new battery at 26K, and I just completed a full brake job (rotors and pads) at 36K. Even though I am the third owner and had this car for 4 years, I still look forward to driving this thing everyday.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Any modern car will do 150k miles relatively trouble free. Just follow normal maintenance guidelines and drive it.
And that last bit is the #1 tip to taking your 987 farther than most :) A driven car is a happy car and since they are German, probably a more reliable car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
80,000 on my 06CS. Previous owner replaced the water pump, clutch & pressure plate at about 65,000. Was wanting to HPDE it but just found out it has a 0.5 sec level 5 over-rev so don't think I'll chance it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
2006 here with a whopping 14500k miles. Only about 350 are mine though, I intend to rectify that problem starting this weekend!

The previous owner really babied it too much with about 2000miles a year. On the flip side, it really is brand new inside and out except for the accident that made him sell the car. Easy repairs for someone used to it though but I can see how it could break a proud original owner's heart.
Not trying to be an a$$ but 14500K converts to 14,500,000 miles. I trust you meant 14,500 miles. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Last year I bough my 05 Boxster S with 17,900 clicks on it. Now has 22500. Not my daily, but I do enjoy driving it when I can.

·
Registered
127 Posts
06 cayman s with 55k miles.

oil change every 5k miles with 5w-50 oil

rev to 7500rpm at least once a week

softronic stage 2 with exhaust and bmc drop in filter

at 50k changed diff/clutch fluid with motul 300 75w-90

oil filter cut open and zero metal shavings

daily driven and tracked

21 - 40 of 71 Posts