Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Godd point. In addition, more of the heat will tend to go out the outlet due to less resistance and hence less heat absorbtion. Actually now I think about that the whole underside could even run cooler. Bonus!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just had the pleasure of meeting Ken (K-Man S) in downtown Portland today. He let me drive his car straight off. What a guy! That.thing.is.awesome. I just got mine and am still a bit leary of opening it up (will post something soon, my camera's on the blink). Since it was his car I didn't open it up despite his generous encouragement to do so. But when he finally got behind the wheel, look out! Great driver and his car is like a greased weasel -<u>full of power</u>. The Milllteksounds awesome. It isn't boomy at lower rpm's and when it kicks in the sound is sweet and powerful. Smooth like buttah. Thanks K-Man S!

And see? It doesn't always rain in Portland. But don't tell the Californicators that - they'll move up here more in droves./fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/naughty.gif-Steve

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Steve, Sorry I had to leave early and didn't get a chance to meet you. Don't worry about us Californians, We always need a nice place to visit when it's not raining up there.. Your so right about Ken's sweet ride. several times we took it out and opened it up, It was an obvious burst of power difference than stock! When he drove it around the parking lot and at idle it sounded normal, but once the foot engaged heavy into the gas pedal the sweet smooth sounds came out sounding powerful. I wish I could of stood on the side of the road and he could of past me at mach one, I'm sure it had to sound terrific from behind. A definite thumbs up in the obvious power increase! By the way I was at the track Sunday when they were racing the Ferrari's. I asked to join but they said no way, they didn't want the possibility of getting shown up. It was nice to see a lot of the Ferrari owners/fans staring and asking a lot of questions about the Cayman.

·
The 2006-08 Cayman LED spar guy!
6,013 Posts
I am sorry if I overlooked the information if it has been posted previously, but does anybody have dyno results for the Milltek complete exhaust system (headers-cats/cats-back) vs. just the cat-back portion? Thank you, Joe.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Joe,

It has been asked and answered previously that currently no one has dyno'd just the rear cat-back portion, but that will change shortly since people should start receiving their Milltek systems soon. I'm not sure if the deadline has passed on the initial offer, but if it hasn't get in now or forever hold your peace or whatever the phrase is... /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/tounge_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I decided to buy the full system. I am a little hessistant. I must say I would not have done it, if I had not seen all the testing and reports from K-Man S in this site. I am no expert.

I have seen K- Man S reports on his track days. I expect at a later date to go with the GIAC tunning or some other. What should I expect at the end as far as everyday driving? How much better response on the low end, and how much happier is the engine to climb up in revs? Looking at the dyno runs the slight dip at 3800 RPM becomes a flat spot, much better than a dip.

Wish me luck. This is my first Porsche

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
K-Man S thanks for the heads up regarding SJD and Hot Kman. I read it a while back, but a little hand holding when you put the money down is always nice. I look forward to experiencing it myself. With this mod and GIAC, I think I am safe from the next official Cayman S hp increase. My guess is they will bring a Cayman S with 325hp when the times come, 2008/09. At this point the 911 will have more hp say 350/55.

It is getting harder to increase output of the flat 6 as a normally aspirated engine. These engines would have been full blown state of the art race engines not that long ago. Even today they are very good

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
stratmosphere...do you anticipate that there would be any difference in performance for those of us without SC? And would the GIAC programming be different?

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
RedRocket,

No difference if you have SC (Sport Chrono) or not. Remember SC has NOTHING to do with the engine ECU mapping at all. When you change ECU mapping as with GIAC or other ECU tuning it does NOT affect SC in any way. The exhaust of course has no effect on SC at all. SC is completely independent of these other modifications.

Pete - SC = Sport Chrono.

181 - 194 of 194 Posts