Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't yet b/c my car won't be in until the end of the month, and I'd like to drive it a bit first before I put this on...in other words, I hope stratmosphere decides to extend their offer /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/teeth_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm still confused as to what the headers and cats do in relation to just buying the the exhaust system.

Sorry for the dumb question, but can anyone help me with an explanation of relative virtues of the system components again?

Edited by - K-Man-sculpture.net on 08/10/2006 6:56:30 PM

·
Registered
543 Posts
K-Man-sculpture.net-you got it. most of the HP gains arecome from the headers...

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Yup,

Group buy info is posted in the 'Cayman Vendors & Sponsors' area.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Those whose cars aren't in yet could always buy and hold the system awaiting their cars so as not to miss out on the initial buy. This really isn't a group buy but more of an introductory offer, meaning this discount isn't going to be repeated and if you want this system get it now! /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/regular_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
It will be ionteresting to see how Milltek and 9ff pipes and tuning stack up in performance and cost. I will be getting my 9ff kit in about a month and hope to be at the Croctober Fest if I can get my class covered.

Charles

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've ordered, just the cat-back, hard for me to justify another 3K for headers. According to Pete's post, most of the improvement is from the cat-back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
From what I know from Milltek Sport in the UK, the catback provides a greater power increase than the headers/cats. The headers/cats facilitate a sharper throttle response with quicker time to RPM. The catback gives you power, looks AND the right sound. I'm sure someone will dyno the catback only. I can't do it here, the Cayman is gone for a 997TT we are in the middle of tuning. -Pete

1 - 20 of 21 Posts