Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, had to start somewhere and the car is so new, I haven't changed anything in the suspension etc., yet.

So I started with the interior. I had wanted a set of Coco Mats since seeing advertisements in magazines int he 1970's. So I ordered a set, in red with tan spots which I think looks interesting in the Luxor Beige interior -- gives a bit of contrast. They snap over the Porsche mounting posts, the installation seems firm and positive, and the material feels like it will last forever.

One thing that's interesting, these are thick, really thick, and seem a good 1/2" thicker than the OEM mats and I swear I can feel my heels sitting a bit higher when driving. Something to get acclimated to.

Uusal disclaimers, etc. Link to site:
Welcome to CocoMats.com

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Old school. I guess you have Coco Mats in your Tiger. If not, you should. I had them in my '64 Austin Healey 3000. When the Pcar current mats wear out, I may go with the Coco Mats also.

Maybe when you have some time, how about posting a pic.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old school. I guess you have Coco Mats in your Tiger.
Maybe when you have some time, how about posting a pic.
What a hoot -- I was corresponding with them and they said they do have a template for the Tiger and just did a set for someone. Yeah, thinking about it. I have a a set of mats in there, perfectly rectangular in black rubber, ugly but they do say Sunbeam Tiger on them.

Yeah, I need to find the digital camera and take a picture.

I like "old school", wouldn't mind if the interior had lots of chrome & wood, that says "sports car" to me.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
They will make absolutely anything you want. If a template is not in their inventory, make one yourself out of brown paper, mail it to them and they will make the mat. And it will fit perfectly!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Yeah, I need to find the digital camera and take a picture.
Do you mean you are "old school" and don't even have a smartphone?

I lived in MD for a long time until the last major snow storm which left 36" of snow at my home. I may have seen you at a British car show I went to many years ago just south of Annapolis in a shaded park. That's about 15 +or- years ago.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, no smart phone, no cell phone at all -- a holdout. I'll grab the digital camera for a picture of the mats when the weather passes. BTW, CocoMat's new "Checkered' pattern looks great in the website pictures but, alas, not available in the color combo I wanted.

Maybe West, not South, of Annapolis? My avatar picture was taken at British Car Day at Allen Pond in Bowie, MD, in the late 1990's. Nice venue, a shame the event is no longer there. They used to turn away entrants after 800 cars -- who would have thought that many British cars would even start?

Do you mean you are "old school" and don't even have a smartphone?

I lived in MD for a long time until the last major snow storm which left 36" of snow at my home. I may have seen you at a British car show I went to many years ago just south of Annapolis in a shaded park. That's about 15 +or- years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts