Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving around with one head light so figured today is the day I install my replacement, open the frunk, and find the previous owner kept the tool kit :eek: :(

Can someone describe how I can rig up a tool to remove the head light? I have a full complement of tools, except the official one.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think you can use a 5mm T handle. I'm trying to find a headlight removal or bumper removal article that describes this.

·
Registered
574 Posts
5mm socket on long extension. It turns about a 1/4 turn, IIRC.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been driving around with one head light so figured today is the day I install my replacement, open the frunk, and find the previous owner kept the tool kit :eek: :(

Can someone describe how I can rig up a tool to remove the head light? I have a full complement of tools, except the official one.
FIXED! THANK YOU!!!

Used a 5mm socket on the end of a long screw driver shaft.

What other tools are in that box that holds the head light tool?

Headlight upgrade post coming soon... HID's for $39....

·
Registered
35 Posts
FIXED! THANK YOU!!!

Used a 5mm socket on the end of a long screw driver shaft.

What other tools are in that box that holds the head light tool?

Headlight upgrade post coming soon... HID's for $39....
I'm curious for more updates. HIDS for $39?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious for more updates. HIDS for $39?
shoot I posted the write up and how to guide up on the PCA Cayman Register site. I meant to post it here instead, I don't want to go through all the painful picture upload process which took me 30 minutes but basically purchase Philips Diamon Vision H7 bulbs and they are dead ringers for HIDs. No other bulbs on the market give true HID look, the Sylvania's that claim to be pure white are no where near HID color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts