Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again Mobil has a rebate on it's full synthetic oils ($12 rebate on 5 single qt cans or 5qt jug) purchased Mar 1 - May 31.
https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super

They had the same deal last fall. I bought 2 x 5qt at Walmart for ~$22 (on sale) and, with rebate, the cost was $10/jug. Walmart's current price is $26.68, so this would make it $14.68/jug. But it goes on sale occasionally, so you might want to wait and see if it goes down.

Here's the rebate form: https://promotionsmanager.mobil1.us/onlineform/redeem

BTW, even though Walmart isn't explicitly listed, the rebate will still work. The list of vendors on Mobil's web site is just a partial list.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Isn't the discount for an oil change service? Cheaper to just do it yourself.
There are several DIY options (from the Mobil web site):

Act now and save up to $15 on Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil or up to $9 on Mobil Super motor oil.

• $15 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil and a Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filter.
  • $12 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil.
  • $9 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil Super™ Synthetic motor oil.
  • $7 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil Super motor oil.
Offer expires May 31, 2015. Receipt required. Certain restrictions apply. See the terms and conditions for details.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Thanks for this thread. It got me looking into purchasing Mobil 1 5w-50 with the rebate. While looking around, I found that NAPA is also having a sale on Mobil 1. $5.99/qt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you are in Canada, you can now get the 4.4L jug of Mobil 1 0W40 at Canadian Tire and it's on sale now for $30.99CDN (reg. $51.99) so if you are not close to the US border to go to the American Walmart then this is a good option (especially since the CDN dollar is far from being at par!). So you know the Mobil 1 0W40 was only available in a 1L format in Canada before (anyways near my place) so this is nice.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Re: Mobil 1 rebate - Its BAAAACK!!!!

$12 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil

Offer valid until May 31, 2017. Multi-quart jugs and single-quart bottles both valid.
Mobil Promotions

OK, now starts the debate about whether Walmart and Amazon are included. Hint: they always were before even though they weren't on the list of participating locations. No reason to think differently this time.

Also- check out the free personalized license plate frame. Frame Me

Update: Info on the website states that Amazon.com is specifically excluded. From info I found on Slickdeals.net, someone called the rebate number and talked to a rep. It was stated that while Walmart B&M purchases would work, Walmart.com online orders also are excluded. AFAIK this was only one person's report. So YMMV.

Here's a link to the online rebate submission form:https://apfco.com/secure/R8235W/Home/Entry

and here's the printable mail-in form: https://apfco.com/secure/R8235W/Content/OfferForm.pdf?v=20170227031340

Reactions: 1028Caymn

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

As acropora said 2 years ago, this rebate looks like it applies only to Mobile Service Centers that change your oil, not to buying the oil to change yourself. I'd like to be wrong about this but could not find a form to fill out and mail in, nor an on line version that does not require a service center invoice.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

As acropora said 2 years ago, this rebate looks like it applies only to Mobile Service Centers that change your oil, not to buying the oil to change yourself. I'd like to be wrong about this but could not find a form to fill out and mail in, nor an on line version that does not require a service center invoice.
Two years ago he was WRONG. Check the posts from those (like me) that received their checks. No, you don't have to have the oil changed at a service center. There are multiple promotions and that is indeed one of them.

I fixed my link and added links to the forms.

Reactions: Jeff-VA-Cayman S

·
Registered
825 Posts

OK, now starts the debate about whether Walmart and Amazon are included. Hint: they always were before even though they weren't on the list of participating locations. No reason to think differently this time.

Also- check out the free personalized license plate frame. Frame Me

Update: it appears that Amazon is specifically excluded. So YMMV.
Thanks very much for this. I can confirm that the last time this offer was around (within last 6 mos), a Walmart receipt was no problem.

As for the license plate frame, I'd like to have a way to block out the advertising for them.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

As for the license plate frame, I'd like to have a way to block out the advertising for them.
Yeah, I'm not crazy about that, but right now I'm using one the advertises for my local dealer. I had a falling-out with them years ago. I'd rather wear one that says "Porsche uses Mobil 1" than "BERT SMITH PORSCHE". At least I don't have any gripes with Mobil.

However, upon further review - it seems the personalized license plate is only for oil purchases from: AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, CARQUEST or PepBoy. Their prices are already much higher than Walmart, and it isn't clear if you can stack the rebate with the frame promotion.

Reactions: Jeff-VA-Cayman S

·
Registered
810 Posts

Same experience....Walmart purchase and no issue getting rebate. Good deal.
+1. I cannot complain the least about paying $23 for two 5qt jugs at Wal-Mart and getting $15 back on each! It's a great deal and will keep me running Mobil1. I don't even need to change my oil right now, but I'll be buying it anyway, haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Walmart near me wants $25.47 for the 5qt jug. A steal after $12 rebate!

·
Registered
509 Posts

Two years ago he was WRONG. Check the posts from those (like me) that received their checks. No, you don't have to have the oil changed at a service center. There are mupliple promotions and that is indeed one of them...
Amazon worked for me last year, but looks like they are excluded this year.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've updated the original post with the following:

From info I found on Slickdeals.net, someone called the rebate number and talked to a rep. It was stated that while Walmart B&M purchases would work, Walmart.com online orders also are excluded. AFAIK this was only one person's report. So YMMV.​

So, as distasteful as it is, I guess I'm going elbow-to-elbow with the unwashed to get my oil.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just submitted my receipt/info for the max rebate of $30 (2 x 5+ qts and 2 filters). Bought the oil for my CR, and since my local Walmart doesn't stock cartridge filters for my Porsche (shocking, I know), the filters are for my son's truck.

Already received the automatic confirmation email; will let you know in 6-8 weeks if it worked!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts