Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, accepting the fact that the my Cayman ('08) didn't come with an aux/ipod plug-in and mine has CDR-24, I finally settled on the Mobridge. The cost: $460US delivered to my Vancouver, Canada address.

I found, for the most part, the instructions from Mobridge pretty clear and easy to follow. The only exception being that the unit would not fit behind the radio stack as shown. I ended up placing it up in behind the glove box using industrial Velcro. All neat and tidy and invisible to the eye. The ipod cord runs up under the console to the storage area between the seats. Took maybe a couple of hours.

I had the dealership here activate the CD Changer 'loop' with their PIWIS and they they didn't even charge me. Wow. Finally, great sound and a 3000 song library. It functions like the CD changer in that each 'CD' is a playlist you make on your ipod...either 1 giant playlist or up to 6 individual lists. The songs are listed as 'track 1', track 2' etc. If have the fancy radio you get the song names, playlist names etc.

I am quite pleased with the unit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for sharing this trooper. I'm not sure that we can buy the mobridge unit in the US without going thru the dealer who also wants an installation fee.

I've got the same problem... a CD24/Bose and no way to plug the iPhone without going thru alot of hassle.

Here's what I'd like to do, and would appreciate if anyone can comment on its feasibility:

1) Disconnect the CD changer.
2) Find a cable to run from the CD24 CD Changer cable-out to the iPhone (i'd be happy to run a cable from the CD24 CD Changer cable-out to an AUX jack mounted somewhere on the console)
3) Control all music via the iPhone...I don't care about charging it via the cable nor do I care about any readout on the radio...i simply want the music to play via the Bose system.

Any words of wisdom?

KMan-Went

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
999 Posts
Thanks for sharing this trooper. I'm not sure that we can buy the mobridge unit in the US without going thru the dealer who also wants an installation fee.

I've got the same problem... a CD24/Bose and no way to plug the iPhone without going thru alot of hassle.

Here's what I'd like to do, and would appreciate if anyone can comment on its feasibility:

1) Disconnect the CD changer.
2) Find a cable to run from the CD24 CD Changer cable-out to the iPhone (i'd be happy to run a cable from the CD24 CD Changer cable-out to an AUX jack mounted somewhere on the console)
3) Control all music via the iPhone...I don't care about charging it via the cable nor do I care about any readout on the radio...i simply want the music to play via the Bose system.

Any words of wisdom?

KMan-Went
I saw a "special" at a local dealer - $900+ for iPod + Bluetooth from Mobridge. You got a good price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Bluetooth option is a more expensive unit. The straight iPod less so.

The place I bought from was in Washington state just outside Seattle, www.ipodcarpros.com is their site. They have a 'you name the price' promotion.

Aside from the PIWIS activation via a dealer, I would consider the installation relatively simple.

Rob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your post inspired me to get a Dension Gateway Lite for USB capability on my '07 with CDR24 w/o Bose. Do you know the PIWIS activation codes the dealer had to turn on to activate the CDC loop? My dealer said they turned on the CDC but the CDR24 did not find the Gateway. Any help would be appreciated? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.