Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched without much luck...

I am looking for an iPod/Bluetooth module, and options are pretty much mObridge (does both), or Dension Gateway/BTA1500?

There's a lot of good info about Dension iPod integration and it looks like it works very well.

However, I am getting a lot of mixed reviews on the Dension Bluetooth BTA1500, one dealer literally told me NOT to buy it and they can sell me one, but will not gaurantee it. Said callers get a lot of echo back, and the call quality is subpar.

mObridge is a mystery, reviews are usually ok, but again one other dealer said they've had a lot of issues with mObridge syncing with the MOST network?!

I appreciate FAIR feedback on each, specially around bluetooth integration, call quality, and noise canceling/echo issues with each.

ps. I know Tooki is also there, but I want iPod combo unit

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm interested too-
my first post, I'm trading in my 2002 M Roadster on a 2006 Cayman S tomorrow morning at my local Porsche dealer. I definitely want iPod/Bluetooth/USB but I don't know that I'll be happy with the CDR 24 currently in the car. I'd love to use Mobridge or Dension as it is quick/cheap compared to the DIN-2 alternatives. How successful is integration with the CDR 24?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Don't know about the Dension but I have had a mObridge unit in our 2008 Cayenne GTS for almost a year and I'm very pleased. It mates with the PCM and pairs quickly with both my phone and my wife's. As reference we both use Iphones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm interested too-
my first post, I'm trading in my 2002 M Roadster on a 2006 Cayman S tomorrow morning at my local Porsche dealer. I definitely want iPod/Bluetooth/USB but I don't know that I'll be happy with the CDR 24 currently in the car. I'd love to use Mobridge or Dension as it is quick/cheap compared to the DIN-2 alternatives. How successful is integration with the CDR 24?
Sorry, but you're out of luck with CDR24. Best you get very subpar functionality both on the iPod and on the Bluetooth.

I think best is to upgrade to a proper 2-DIN Pioneer Nav unit with built-in bluetooth. Much better value for your case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know about the Dension but I have had a mObridge unit in our 2008 Cayenne GTS for almost a year and I'm very pleased. It mates with the PCM and pairs quickly with both my phone and my wife's. As reference we both use Iphones.
How's the audio quality of the microphone? Do ppl hear you clearly and without any echo/noise? If so, where's the mic located?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys should also check out Motus Labs AGW+. This is a new piece by the italian company Motus Labs and i am about to install one in my cayman s in a few weeks. It not only ties into the fiber optic network to allow you to use the factory head units, but also has time alignment and pre outs for amplifiers if you wish to really go after the sound quality. I have a friend that is a very well known installer/dealer in jersey and he just put one in a BMW and said the sound quality was on par with best aftermarket head units out there. Let me know if anyone is interested in talking with him about it. The unit is more expensive than the others, but from what i understand, totally worth it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The MOTUS looks like a great unit, but unfortunately, I don't think it will work with my CDR24, as it needs a MOST head amp. I am going the DIN-2 route- having just ordered the DIN2 kit from Euro Motorspeed and a new Pioneer 920BT with Pandora, which will hopefully have easier menus and better voice recognition. I just got my 2006 Cayman S last Thursday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.