Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how will a Cayman S with a Borla exhaust and Softronic Flash do against a 997 Carrera S in a drag race?

We dont overtake do we? That would be awesome. hahaha

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think it'll lose. Regardless of weight/Hp ratio, the 997 has all that weight right over the rear tires and better traction from a standstill...

You may catch up at the first hairpin though!

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,652 Posts
Tractions not an issue but the shorter first gear and extra torque in the 997 will be the deciding factor causing the cayman to lose

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Unless it is boosted, I don't think the Cayman would have a chance.

When I opened the thread, I thought it would be a "Choose between a modded Cayman S and a 911" and if the Cayman was turbocharged, I would take it over a C2S or a C4S.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You guys are wrong.

I own a 2010 CS PDK and my friend has a 2009 C2 PDK.

Both from zero and from a roll my less weight advantage is evident and i'm faster all the way to top speed.

Btw the C2 has 20hp more and 20tq more than the CS PDK.

I'm guessing with the mods the OP is talking about he should have 320hp... it's a close one, you have a good chance of beating him.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
****, I hoped that doctors paid more attention to detail. You are about 40 HP off. Please re-read the original post.

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts
****, I hoped that doctors paid more attention to detail. You are about 40 HP off. Please re-read the original post.
C2...C2S

Amputate right leg...left leg

10mg...100mg

Bottle in front of me...frontal lobotomy

LOL

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
As a point of reference when my car was relatively new back in 2006 I went up against a 997 C2S on the way back from parade in some undisclosed location in nowhere Utah. AFAIK he was stock, and I had the Milltek exhaust, EVO intake, and I believe GIAC tuning at the time which if I recall would dyno somewhere around 300hp at the wheels, I'd have to dig out old charts to check that. Anyway we were pretty much dead even. This was a first generation 997 C2S not a 997.2, then again my car is a first generation Cayman as well and it was modified. As I said just a point of reference for comparison sake.

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts
As a point of reference when my car was relatively new back in 2006 I went up against a 997 C2S on the way back from parade in some undisclosed location in nowhere Utah. AFAIK he was stock, and I had the Milltek exhaust, EVO intake, and I believe GIAC tuning at the time which if I recall would dyno somewhere around 300hp at the wheels, I'd have to dig out old charts to check that. Anyway we were pretty much dead even. This was a first generation 997 C2S not a 997.2, then again my car is a first generation Cayman as well and it was modified. As I said just a point of reference for comparison sake.
Of course, the C2S driver may have been looking for the local NPR station on the radio while sipping a latte when you pulled alongside her wearing a nomex hood and gloves with menace in your heart and an itchy throttle foot. :hilarious:

Many, many Dodge Neons have thus beaten me in "races".

·
Registered
241 Posts
K-Man S,
Careful. When you're in Utah you're never knowhere. Because in Utah, wherever you're at, well, there you are.

DaveN007,
You are very funny man.

;) BW

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
K-Man S,
Careful. When you're in Utah you're never knowhere. Because in Utah, wherever you're at, well, there you are.

DaveN007,
You are very funny man.

;) BW

Was that typo on purpose? Or do I not "know" where "nowhere" is? :hilarious:

I do recall being "somewhere" but that's typically "over the rainbow"

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
So how will a Cayman S with a Borla exhaust and Softronic Flash do against a 997 Carrera S in a drag race?

We dont overtake do we? That would be awesome. hahaha
Loose.
Otherwise, you can do it but you will need more mods than just those 2. In fact you will need all the known bolt on mods or a Turbo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess not then...
I was hoping i would surprise my friend and brother, who both have 997's. :(
Ordered my Exhaust and will order the flash next week hopefully. am gonna keep it low. hehe.

We have Porsche group here in Lebanon and we go on drives every sunday, cars include 997 S 4S 4 and a Targa, 997.2 4S, 2010 GT3, 2010 Turbo, an Audi R8 always comes with us, as does a C63, a Nissan GTR joined last week.....and MY 2008 Cayman S! hahahaha.

i tell you, i get killed on the highway and on straights, but when it comes to Lebanon's mountainous roads with all kinds of uphill hairpins and hard semi circle turns, the Carreras cant overtake me. The gaps on those roads become like this: Turbo and GT3 make a gap with the me, and i make a gap with the rest of them. Everyone is shocked of how fast the cayman is on those roads. haha.
maybe ill post a few videos for you guys to see.

btw is the air intake worth getting?

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The only car that has ever kept up with my CS around the curves was an extremely moded EVO that was sitting very low. I was driving with a 2010 TT and the gap was widening. This surprised me because it is 4WD... most boosted WRX's can out run a stock 3.4L so I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i'm not blind, I know what i've read and I know what i've written.

and for your info, the 997.2 C2 PDK is as fast as 997.1 C2S tip.

So 40hp off or not, PDK makes up.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
it's not a freak car, the CS PDK is faster than the C2 PDK and the C2 PDK is as fast as the Gen 1 C2S tip.

but thanks for the compliment anyway :D

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Ok, let me throw some more numbers in.
My 06 987.1 CS was faster than 997.1 C2S tip and 997.2 C2 PDK. However never tested against 997.2 C2S PDK
987.2 CS aiming to be faster than all the above. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.