Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm waiting to order a MY2016 in late March, so I believe anytime before that would be the current model year. From what I've read June build would be the next year model. It might be different this year due to a 981.2 refresh/facelift though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Been following site for almost a year and getting near to pull trigger on CS but have similar question regarding timing of model switch. I wonder if 981.2 will be announced at the Frankfurt auto show in early March? If they do not announce a turbo in the 981.2 then I will wait and order a 2016 however if they do announce a turbo then I will want to order a 2015 immediately

Question is will we have any allocations left for 2015 come early March for an ordered CS? Or should I just order a 2015 CS now to avoid the possible lack of availability?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Been following site for almost a year and getting near to pull trigger on CS but have similar question regarding timing of model switch. I wonder if 981.2 will be announced at the Frankfurt auto show in early March? If they do not announce a turbo in the 981.2 then I will wait and order a 2016 however if they do announce a turbo then I will want to order a 2015 immediately

Question is will we have any allocations left for 2015 come early March for an ordered CS? Or should I just order a 2015 CS now to avoid the possible lack of availability?

Thanks
The 991.2 is due before the 981.2. And I believe the GT3 RS & GT4 are due before the 991.2 too. Therefore, there are plenty of warning signals for you before the 981.2 hits a motor show.

My guess we won't see the 981.2 this year at all.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
What time of the year is usually the end of ordering for the current model year?
I'm waiting to order a MY2016 in late March, so I believe anytime before that would be the current model year. From what I've read June build would be the next year model. It might be different this year due to a 981.2 refresh/facelift though.
From my experience, the model year changes on or about June 1st of each year (for a build date) which means March is the transition month for ordering. This has a lot to do with how your dealer gets allocations too.
I actually ordered a 2013BS in March and then requested (strongly) that they change my allocation to a 2014 BS which the dealer obliged.

When should we notice differences on the configurator, if any?
In early 2013 (i.e. this time of year) when I was getting ready to pull the trigger, I didn't notice any changes for the model year on the configurator other than price and a couple more options that were available. That was probably because some dealers still had allocations open for the current year. Don't know. There was no "banner" stating that the model year changed. Just a $1200 price increase and more options to pick from. It might be different this year if MY 2016 is a 981.2.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
That's interesting because I would notice options changing on the configurator before noticing any price changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts