Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
I run headers and muffler without cats. The car sounds mean and has really come alive. Now, I have also improved the intake side with IPD, GT3 goodies along with a tune. These cars came corked from the factory because the little ol' Cayman cannot out perform the 911. If you have the coin I highly recommend opening the car up to see the full potential.

FYI. The picture above by Apexhunter doesn't show the smaller cat that is in the factory muffler.

Attachments

· Registered
30 Posts

What does it dyno? Seat of pants, sales pitches, etc. don't mean as much as a good before and after SAE adjusted run on the same dyno. My bet is that cork wasn't all that big...

Here's a dyno sheet with cat back exhaust. Imagine headers. I'm no wine connoisseur but you can be the judge on the size of this "cork". My car has come alive and my Porsche tech was pleasantly surprised on how the car performed. To each their own.

· Registered
30 Posts
No, a dyno of your car, not a sales-pitch dyno by someone that HIGHLY benefits from inflated numbers. Very different and it is incredibly easy to manipulate dyno numbers.
To call Sharkwerks which is a highly reputable company a sales pitch with inflated numbers is silly. There are countless youtube videos online of all generation caymans with live dyno's. Do some homework before making claims of manipulation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts