Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's that time again, time for another Mods4Cars group buy on the following products:

- SmartTOP-986
- SmartTOP-996
- SmartTOP-997
- RemoteTOP-996
- RemoteKEY for 997 Coupe, Cayman and Boxster 987

For you - the Cayman and Boxster 987 owners - this product is suitable:

RemoteKEY feature overview:

# Remote window control: Easy one-touch comfort operation of windows with the original remote on all models (US and Euro) by holding down the power-locks button. No extra remote fob or reprogramming of the key or car is necessary!

# On 987 Boxsters the top can be operated in one-touch mode while the car is halted. Also, top operation is not interrupted when coming to a stop.

# The "Lock-In" feature locks the doors once the car starts moving. In contrast to the original Porsche feature which can only be enabled or disabled at the dealership, this feature is user-programmable and even better, optionally the doors also unlock when the engine is switched off and the key removed.

# Home light XL: The Headlights can be activated for 30 seconds at any time by tapping the trunk button on the remote twice. Tapping the button twice again before the time runs out will switch the lights off immediately.

# Trunk button delay: Prevents accidental opening of the trunk in most cases. If activated, the trunk can only be opened by holding down the trunk button on the remote for longer.

# Chirp on lock/unlock: If activated, the alarm horn will give brief "chirp"signals when locking/unlocking the car. IMPORTANT: For the chirp feature to work, the factory alarm needs to be present.

# Auto-Tilt function for the passenger-side mirror on reverse gear. A great addition for cars without seat-memory.

# Passenger window auto-up fix for all cars where the window will only roll up automatically once it is past half way. Usually found on 997 Coupes

# User programmable: All features can be individually enabled or disabled. Some also allow different personal preferences to be set. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.

# Shop/Diagnose mode: The chip can be set to be completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes "invisible" and will not interfere with any dealer diagnostic tools.

The RemoteKEY-997 (for Boxster 987, Cayman and Porsche Carrera Coupe 997) will be shipped using a NEW HARDWARE PLATFORM WITH USB SUPPORT.

Additional features are:

- lifetime updates for free
- no need to return the product
- DIY software updates, using a standard usb cable and a windows pc with internet access
- EASY configuration using a windows pc software

NO PRICE CHANGE - USB SUPPORT INCLUDED FOR FREE!

So who is "IN" on this Group Buy? We need to start a List, please fill in your name:

1. username1
2. username2
3. etc.

Best regards, Sven

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there, I'm on a RHD cayman at the moment. For the option of the auto-tilt mirror on reversing, will there be any problem of the mirror tilting on the correct side of the car? (i.e as I'm RHD, i would need the left side mirror to auto-tilt, not the right side mirror)

If not, i'm in!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
01. Oldguy
02. e33extra
03. ???

Cheap people:
40. subparrnd
41. c-rizzle

There needs to be a cheaper product for the coupes / non-convertibles.
As I'd probably pay full price if I had a convertible, but just for the convience stuff we get on coupes, its not really worth as much.... to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
01. Oldguy
02. e33extra
03. SoCalSteve
38. c-rizzle
39. johnsimion
40. subparrnd
I just have one question: What is the price for the "group buy"? And, is this tied in to the group buy at 6Speedonline? I am on that list as well (I just need 1 for my 997.1 coupe).

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
01. Oldguy
02. e33extra
03. jr9
04. ???
38. c-rizzle
39. johnsimion
40. subparrnd

The group buy at 6speedonline isn't organized by us.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
01. Oldguy
02. e33extra
03. jr9
04. ???
38. c-rizzle
39. johnsimion
40. subparrnd

The group buy at 6speedonline isn't organized by us.
Sounds like the easiest way is to have the people from 6speed come over here and join this one then since this one is officially run by Mods4Cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Think it should mean this way yah?

01. Oldguy
02. e33extra
03. jr9
04. ???
37. molins
38. c-rizzle
39. johnsimion
40. subparrnd