Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
HI, Mine has been in fail state since day one of the flashed ECU. I am not down on power as well ( 420hp to the wheels on 82 octane is pretty nice :) )

Great Job NTF!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
alright guys, play nice =)

Today, I went to the smog station and was able to successfully pass smog certification with my 1 O2 Sensor failure!

Thanks everyone for your help. Looks like I'll be keeping my car for a few more years = )
Awesome news and glad that you can keep your car. :cheers: Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats on passing and glad you will be enjoying your car for years to come!

For those who aren't sure, this product is not CARB Certified and we do not guarantee that cars in CA with this application will pass.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Kevin I'm glad I could help you. That's what this community is for. I'm still concerned that the O2 sensors are indicating not ready. Now that your evap flag is saying ready, the O2 may reset in time with addition driving.

I'm 99% sure that you are not in DME O2 closed loop and so you are down on power. It's possible that you have bad sensors but I think the programming may be at fault. We need TPC to weigh in on this.
Although I do have the Durametric thingy but I don't use MS Windows/laptops (OS/Macs are light years ahead). Therefore I use a handy Auto Scanner.

May I ask how would I know if I have a bad O2 sensor?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Although I do have the Durametric thingy but I don't use MS Windows/laptops (OS/Macs are light years ahead). Therefore I use a handy Auto Scanner.

Use MS Windows/laptop :hilarious: (Sorry, I don't know, I just can't help myself)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Kevin I'm glad I could help you. That's what this community is for. I'm still concerned that the O2 sensors are indicating not ready. Now that your evap flag is saying ready, the O2 may reset in time with addition driving.

I'm 99% sure that you are not in DME O2 closed loop and so you are down on power. It's possible that you have bad sensors but I think the programming may be at fault. We need TPC to weigh in on this.
diverdog

Thank you. I'm doubtful that my O2 sensor readiness will pass since according to my research, O2 sensor readiness is one of the quickest to pass, whereas the EVAP is usually the slowest.

I'm curious as well regarding the DME closed loop and have reached out to [email protected] to weigh in on the O2S readiness flag. I hope to hear back soon.

Kevin

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

You should be able to check your OBDII Readiness status using a generic tool. Each flag should return COMPLETE, NOT COMPLETE or NOT SUPPORTED. Please note that it takes a while for all flags to return COMPLETE if you've recently disconnected your battery or cleared your ECU fault codes.

With the exception of diverdog, everyone i've spoken with with the kit have reported that their O2 Sensor readiness shows NOT COMPLETE. This could be the result of ECU tuning, and/or failed O2 sensor.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,593 Posts
diverdog

Thank you. I'm doubtful that my O2 sensor readiness will pass since according to my research, O2 sensor readiness is one of the quickest to pass, whereas the EVAP is usually the slowest.

I'm curious as well regarding the DME closed loop and have reached out to [email protected] to weigh in on the O2S readiness flag. I hope to hear back soon.

Kevin
Interesting. My evap reset very quickly (drove the car for 1/2 hour) after I fixed my vacuum leak and my O2 took a long time to reset.

I talked to Tom & Harris today on several topics and they are looking into the O2 issue

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
You should be able to check your OBDII Readiness status using a generic tool. Each flag should return COMPLETE, NOT COMPLETE or NOT SUPPORTED. Please note that it takes a while for all flags to return COMPLETE if you've recently disconnected your battery or cleared your ECU fault codes.

With the exception of diverdog, everyone i've spoken with with the kit have reported that their O2 Sensor readiness shows NOT COMPLETE. This could be the result of ECU tuning, and/or failed O2 sensor.
Yep count me in... Incomplete in my case too. And it has been so since the day I got the car back from TPC. I didn't know what it was for or if it's because of the mod.

Since everybody is onboard I'm not worried but looking forward to hear what TPC has to say.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words, e-mails and PMs.

Quick update. I did hear from TPC re: the O2 Readiness flag. It sounds like everything should complete the self-test, including the O2 sensors. I'm going to do some data capture via Durametric and send them to [email protected] for review. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just an update to this thread, The rules for smog testing has changed in 2014 with even more strict testing coming in 2016. If you have a TPC Turbo System on your car and need to get Smogged, contact TPC before you do, as they will have a solution.....

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Must request to have your ecu flashed to run o2 monitor. Cost is the same as a new flash reprogram on a virgin ecu. Positive is it can be done! Just remember, these kits were never intended to be carb legal.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Just an update to this thread, The rules for smog testing has changed in 2014 with even more strict testing coming in 2016. If you have a TPC Turbo System on your car and need to get Smogged, contact TPC before you do, as they will have a solution.....
I called Tom/TPC back in early Feb and they didn't have a solution yet. Just told me that it's not legal in CA, I told him I'm in CO (Colorado), we have have the same emissions test as CA since Jan 2016. Same O2 sensor 'incomplete' error everyone is getting. I tried the drive cycle and everything I can find on the internet, finally out of desperation. I called Tom and he said there is no solution at that time. He said he knows a guy who claims he can flashed the ECU to fix the readiness code but he can't confirm. The guy wanted $1,200 to reflash the ECU. Luckily for me, I can register in another county that doesn't require emissions test an hour away. It's a bit inconvenient so if there is a real solution. I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Darn! I know others have sent their ECU back to tuners to re-enable the rear O2 sensors to report ready state. It seems somehow there was a common "improvement" code built and that version decided the rear O2 sensors were an annoyance (ie allow race headers)

I would imagine it a single bit change in the code unless the entire block of the rear O2 was removed for space requirements (doubt it)

I have a kit waiting to install but this has to get figured out first, or I need to sell it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello TPC, it would be great to get a comment on this thread. Do you have updated ECU code where the rear O2 sensors are enabled in your turbo tune?

·
Porsche Prophet
103 Posts
We do have a solution for this issue. We ask that anybody who is having this issue and looking to correct it, please contact us directly on an individual basis.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts