Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After getting nailed in my CS and bumpimg into the car in front of me. I have been visiting the bodyshop to check things. out. And low and behold when the front bumper cover was removed it looked like a group of 5th graders had a field day. One of the nozzles for the headlitghts was tie wrappeed on The car was a full 1/4 inch out of square as well as a 1/4 inch high on the drivers side. The bracket attached to the front tub was 3/8's of an inch higher on the drivers side. The right hand frane rail was 2&1/2 degrees ou and plier marks were the metal had been bent to achive the illusion of it being repaired correctly and it took them 6 months to get it back to me. If Anyone is considering taking there car to Mometum paint and body you might want to reconsider. I am not a racist but the closest I got to an answer everytime I went in the shop was no savie or no englesh. Luckily for me the bodyshop at BAYSIDE FRAME is a family owened facility and has repaired race cars for me in the past. Why in God's name I ever thought or did not find out that Momentum had farmed out to one of the worst franchises out there is on me. I went on line and it blew me away as to the complaints they have. It pays to know beforehand the bodyshop that will do it correctly. Oh almost forgot they gave a lifetime warranty on the repairs like I would take it back. There service dept is great never had a problem but body wise beware!

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is really good to know. So who in Houston fixes Porsches when they have body damage? River Oaks paint and body does nearly nothing but Mercedes. Is there an equivalent for Porsche in Houston?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BAYSIDE FRAME in WEBSTER they are not a specialty shop but there guys are top notch and you get what you pay for plus there work standards are above anyone else I have encountered. Good honest people who do jam up work the 1st. time. I'm still kicking myself in the rear for not taking it there the 1st time.
Nobody to blame but myself on that one. There are a couple of shops that do nothing but Porsche restorations and work on newer models but they are all on the north side of Houston. This guy has done a few for me before all track cars never had any doubts about them or problems on the track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts