Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my dealer what the money factor for a 36 month lease was and the response was 0.0034 (which is 8.1% APR).

When I responded that I was expecting something closer to 0.0020, I was told that they don't offer rates like that because Porsche is a premium brand, unlike BMW and others.

Am I being ripped off?

What's even more troubling is that the official site of Porsche Financial Services has half a dozen lease deals, all with a money factor of 0.0020.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,901 Posts
I think you've answered your own question...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
.... I was told that they don't offer rates like that because Porsche is a premium brand, unlike BMW and others.
LOL, it really is amazing what some dealers will say. For a "premium brand", you'd think they'd spend more on training, providing a uniform sales experience, and not insulting people by playing games. In 2014 I got a deal with an MF around .0008, so it's not like they never do it... Most of the sales people at one of my nearest Porsche dealers are pretty daft and have no education on their product or detailed sales figures whatsoever. (One told me this was the first year they offered PDK on a Cayman... hahahah).

Recent lease deals I've heard about for Caymans seem to pen out around .002 and change, although I was quoted something that either had a suspiciously high MF or a uncharacteristically low residual for a new Cayman S (they absolutely refused to divulge the details). So, I suppose .003 is possible...? ouch.

I guess it's a sign of the times and perhaps a decent economy WRT people buying in this segment.... if that can charge that much and make sales/lease deals, they will.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the important other thing to note is the end residual value Porsche will offer. Although Apr looks high, the end residual value will be higher, so often than not a third party finance quote won't come close on the monthlies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the important other thing to note is the end residual value Porsche will offer. Although Apr looks high, the end residual value will be higher, so often than not a third party finance quote won't come close on the monthlies.
While that's technically true, the residual required to offset a money factor/apr that high would have to be stratospheric. In order for a higher residual to counteract a hike in MF from .002 to .0034, the residual (I think) would have to be like 10% higher on 36 month term... and Porsche isn't doing that. The bottom line: P-cars are just flat out expensive right now and there don't seem to be many truly good deals on them right now (at least not in 718 land).

·
Registered
48 Posts
While that's technically true, the residual required to offset a money factor/apr that high would have to be stratospheric. In order for a higher residual to counteract a hike in MF from .002 to .0034, the residual (I think) would have to be like 10% higher on 36 month term... and Porsche isn't doing that. The bottom line: P-cars are just flat out expensive right now and there don't seem to be many truly good deals on them right now (at least not in 718 land).
I agree and I don't really get it. You'd think they'd be trying to move 2017 models, but that may not happen until the 2018 model arrives. Who knows, maybe not even then?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree and I don't really get it. You'd think they'd be trying to move 2017 models, but that may not happen until the 2018 model arrives. Who knows, maybe not even then?
As far as the 718s go, the difference between '17 and '18 seems to be in the options packages only. So I doubt there will be much discounting. (Boo-hoo--there is almost no discounting in Australia, no matter what, and they get hit with luxury car tax as well.)

Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.