Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a successful PPI, I bought my 2nd ever Porsche today: 1988 911 3.2L Carrera Cabriolet.

(Still keeping the Cayman.)

Paint it blue, slap a Porsche crest on the hood and I can't resist, apparently.

These are the seller's pix from the on-line ad. I'll post some better pix when I get around to taking some.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
congrats!!!..thats a keeper..I had an 87 coupe and I regret seeing it..I have had 9 Porsches including 4 911s and wish I still had that one..Current is a 991S that I love but boy do I wish I had kept my 3.2..enjoy it

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats!!!..thats a keeper..I had an 87 coupe and I regret seeing it..I have had 9 Porsches including 4 911s and wish I still had that one..Current is a 991S that I love but boy do I wish I had kept my 3.2..enjoy it
This morning I'm still in the "What did I do?" phase of the transaction (I don't have the car yet), so your post is perfect.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
let me just say this..I have had 99 boxster...00 box S..11 box S..10 caymam..14 cayman s..87 911..95 993..07 911 S..15 991S..not in order BUT the only one I wish i had was the 87 911..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me just say this..I have had 99 boxster...00 box S..11 box S..10 caymam..14 cayman s..87 911..95 993..07 911 S..15 991S..not in order BUT the only one I wish i had was the 87 911..
Well 3 or 4 hours of driving on the twistees eliminated all buyers remorse and I'm now seriously hooked.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This comment should be food for thought for the folks in the Stuttgart R&D department.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Beautiful 964. I was just thinking that a Boxster would look great in the color with the Agate/Pebble interior. What color is that?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I was wondering if you liked Porsches or not.....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Gorgeous. Congratulations.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful 964. I was just thinking that a Boxster would look great in the color with the Agate/Pebble interior. What color is that?
Not a 964, it's a 911 3.2 Carrera Cab. I think it's called Venetian blue. Too pretty to resist.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
As a former 964 own, let me warn you to be careful when pushing the car to anywhere near its limits. This car is no where as easy to drive near its limits as is your Cayman. I did many 180s with my 964, some intended to impress my girlfriend at the time but just as many unintended.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
As a former 964 own, let me warn you to be careful when pushing the car to anywhere near its limits. This car is no where as easy to drive near its limits as is your Cayman. I did many 180s with my 964, some intended to impress my girlfriend at the time but just as many unintended.
So, it's a great looker with a quick temper? :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So, it's a great looker with a quick temper? :)
Yep, I'm the guy who's afraid to shut off traction / stability control on my mid-engine Cayman and suddenly I'm driving this. So I am and will be approaching the limits with a whole large lot of caution. And yes, it's easier to get the back end to come around a bit out of a turn with the 911 vs 987. I also understand that if you wait a little longer to get on the gas when coming out of a turn in a 911 and get on it when it's going a little straighter, you can dig in and get a lot of traction to launch out of the turn in a hurry. So I am and will be working on that.

This is just the opposite of the Lexus IS F I used to have with a 416 HP 5L V8 up front (front weight bias) that just wanted to keep going straight when you wanted to turn.

Reactions: HassaanAbdeen

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Stunningly gorgeous... Loved every picture.

May I ask, how different it is from your Cayman in terms of ground clearance and approach angle?

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
I also owned a 3.2.

When braking hard, I was taught at PCA driving school/event to hit the brakes hard, lift, then brake hard, in effect acting like ABS would if it existed. Brake too hard and if the rear breaks loose, it might swing around.

Looks like fun :)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I also owned a 3.2.

When braking hard, I was taught at PCA driving school/event to hit the brakes hard, lift, then brake hard, in effect acting like ABS would if it existed. Brake too hard and if the rear breaks loose, it might swing around.

Looks like fun :)
That's too dangerous!!!! How can one drive such car with confidence even in normal weather conditions?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts