Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

More Cayman GTSs Avaliable

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  gatornapper 
#1 ·
There are at least 3 GTSs available in my general area. One is used and the other two are brand new. I would think that they would be harder to find than that. Is the GT4 the new must have Cayman? Are the GTSs less desirable now that the GT4 has come out?

This is a sincere question. I am absolutely not slamming the GTS. I would love to have one but they are out of my price range. :(

#2 · (Edited)
Are the GTSs less desirable now that the GT4 has come out?
:(
I don't know. I heard somewhere that they got screwed though. :hilarious:

#3 ·
Go ahead, slam the GTS and the losers who were so darn impatient that they pulled the trigger on the pansy-*** wannabe car instead of waiting less than 6 months to order a GT4 with the same options but better engine, suspension, brakes, wheels and aero for only $10,000 more. I have no time for those GTS whiners as they try to make excuses like "oh, it's a far better daily driver than a GT4" or some other lame rationalization that we all know they've been practicing while sitting in their cars and crying. I know I have...

#5 ·
As most of these will simply be used for posing at the next local Cars and Coffee, you definitely wanna be that guy with the biggest rear wing on the lot, so of course no one would want a GTS anymore. How silly.

Reactions: Mike R.
#12 ·
Include me on the list of those who would still be very happy with a GTS........or even a plain ole vanilla 981 S!

Reactions: pjsmooth1979
#7 ·
My take on this is that I'll never want to own a GT4 because I only want a 981 as a daily driver, enthusiasts Porsche, and highway cruiser. The GTS, if you load an S up with performance options (which if I can afford it I would) makes the total price very appealing to me. It's already included the cool bits: SC, PASM, Sport Steering Wheel, PSE. I'm excited about the GT4 because it signals that Porsche is not ignoring the Cayman enthusiast. I'm sure we'll see a PDK version and a Boxster with the higher performance engine. How could it not happen? It's just a matter of patience.

The GT4 does mean in my way of thinking that the GTS should see some downward pressure in the used market. I don't think the S will come down as much, nor the base. My guess is we'll see some compression in the used prices in the model range.

Good time to be thinking about buying a new Porsche.

#9 ·
Are actual allotments now available? My two Porsche go to dealers stated that there were no allocations available until the car is launched in Geneva. Only then will they receive X number of builds. Please advise if there are actual spots available to order. Thanks!

#10 ·
I waited and can't find any dealer with any open slots for a GT4. If any of you have any ideas for me, let me know. I don't mind waiting till the second production year but still can't find a dealer who wants my order deposit.
OP is referring to potential glut of available GTS allocations , not GT4. Stop hyperventilating :hilarious:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.