Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good impression of the light. Please quote link and, if you can, the type of the lamps.:thanks:
items - Get great deals on JDM LED Lamps, Infiniti, Nissan items on eBay Stores!

most of the bulbs are listed on the ebay store, i did this 2 weeks ago, so kinda hard to remeber, but if i remeber correctly, foot well lights are the same as door lights and pillar lights. As for trunk lights, it's the same type as the license plate light, but i use the 6 leds instead of 2 leds .

2 for dome

6 for foot well/ door/ back pillar

2 one of trunk one of hood. ( note, with the license plate 2 LED bulb, it can fit directly, but with 6 LED , u need to bent the clips to make it fit )

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I did this as well recently.

I had the same problem. The "6411" comes in 36mm & 42mm somewhere the specs need to be updated as probably a lot of people are getting the wrong bulbs b/c of the Sullvania guide.

You need to get the 42mm version so you don't have to bend the clips.

1.61" SMD D42mm Festoon LED bulb

Ex: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SMD-D42mm-Map-Dome-LED-bulb-578-211-2-2122-Festoon-p/led_9smd_d42_sku15.htm

Offtopic: I also changed my front turn signals to clear lenses and was thinking about buying the chrome/stealth amber bulbs.
Not really sure if its worth it, as with the Porsche lenses you don't really see the bulbs very much compared to some cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did this as well recently.

I had the same problem. The "6411" comes in 36mm & 42mm somewhere the specs need to be updated as probably a lot of people are getting the wrong bulbs b/c of the Sullvania guide.

You need to get the 42mm version so you don't have to bend the clips.

1.61" SMD D42mm Festoon LED bulb

Offtopic: I also changed my front turn signals to clear lenses and was thinking about buying the chrome/stealth amber bulbs.
Not really sure if its worth it, as with the Porsche lenses you don't really see the bulbs very much compared to some cars.
right but i couldn't find the 42mm version with 6 LEDs on the ebay store where i ordered mine..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yeah it cost me about $100 also.

Roughly $16-$18 per pair of bulbs, and you need 5+ pairs of bulbs.

The way I did it, actually took 11 bulbs, as I also replaced the glove box bulb.

8-SMD wedge ------ 2 for doors, 2 for footwells, 2 hatch area on each side of engine
5-SMD super bridge - 2 for dome lights, 1 for glove box
6-SMD 42mm ------- one for trunk, one for hatchback lid

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Looks awesome I think I am going to do this mod. Any problems with light bulb errors being triggered. Also did you have to wire in resistors or is it error free and plug/ play.

Thanks,

Dave-t

·
Registered
186 Posts
No sensors for interior bulbs = no warnings

I replace the fog lights with some 17-SMD bulbs, and the first night I got a warning, but it might have been b/c I played with the car mid install. I dismissed the warning & haven't seen it since.
Where did you get the 17-SMD LED? Is there an attachment that came with it to fit into the H11 bulb housing?

Also, have you guys replaced your license plate bulbs with LED's?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Where did you get the 17-SMD LED? Is there an attachment that came with it to fit into the H11 bulb housing?

Also, have you guys replaced your license plate bulbs with LED's?
2pcs BAX9S H6W 64132 17 SMD LED (HID White) Bulbs: eBay Motors (item 200474267611 end time May-26-10 08:57:39 PDT) It comes with a pair of error cancelling modules, but you don't need to use them.

They are perfect replacement bulbs... exact fit, and they match the headlight color perfectly!!!

The pins are slightly rotated (at 12 & 5) unlike some bulbs that have the pins at 180 degrees. (at 12 & 6 o'clock)

Haven't bothered with the license plate bulbs.

P.S. 42mm lights for trunk & hatch lid: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=42mm+9-SMD&_sacat=6030&Part%2520Type=Lighting%252C%2520Lamps%2520%2526%2520Accessories&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&Lighting%2520%2526%2520Accessory%2520Type=LED%2520Lights&_odkw=42mm&_osacat=6030&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2pcs BAX9S H6W 64132 17 SMD LED (HID White) Bulbs: eBay Motors (item 200474267611 end time May-26-10 08:57:39 PDT) It comes with a pair of error cancelling modules, but you don't need to use them.

They are perfect replacement bulbs... exact fit, and they match the headlight color perfectly!!!

The pins are slightly rotated (at 12 & 5) unlike some bulbs that have the pins at 180 degrees. (at 12 & 6 o'clock)

Haven't bothered with the license plate bulbs.

P.S. 42mm lights for trunk & hatch lid: 42mm 9-SMD Lighting, Lamps Accessories items - Get great deals on Car Truck Parts items on eBay Motors!
so there's no check light after all correct?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
For the fog lights, like I said the first night I had a check headlight warning, but haven't seen it since.

The kit came with resistors but I did not have to hook them up.

For the interior bulbs there are no sensors.

It would be good if someone else got this kit & confirmed my initial error was just a fluke. Maybe since I ran to the hardware store & locked my car mid install..... you know how people have said when you lock/unlock the doors the lights seem to light up slightly as if the system is checking them. Maybe the initial check failed when I had 2 different bulbs or something, since I dropped that screw & had to run to the hardware store.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just bought those fog lights that you referred to on ebay. I should get them by this weekend hopefully, and I will see if I get any errors. I have LED's from my previous car that I am going to try hooking up in the interior. Im not sure if I have the correct light for the license plate, but if I do, I'll will try that as well.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I just bought those fog lights that you referred to on ebay. I should get them by this weekend hopefully, and I will see if I get any errors. I have LED's from my previous car that I am going to try hooking up in the interior. Im not sure if I have the correct light for the license plate, but if I do, I'll will try that as well.
2 things on the fog lights:

1. the bulbs came from Hong Kong I believe. It was an internation registered mail from USPS. So it might take an extra day or 2 than you think!!

2. BE CAREFUL taking the 3 screws out or the lens. I recommend a magnetic tip screw driver as the screws are easy to drop behind the plastic on the center side & then not be able to retreive them!

I believe, the license plate could trigger warnings if the bulbs don't have enough resistance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can you please confirm that the LEDs being discussed here are to replace the H11s? I have already performed the other led replacement, but am looking for an option for the H11s. Clarification is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm sorry, I was calling them "Fog lights" I believe they are technically the Parking light bulbs. # 64132 But they're in the same glass housing as the fog lights.

I bought these: 2pcs BAX9S H6W 64132 17 SMD LED (HID White) Bulbs: eBay Motors (item 200474267611 end time May-26-10 08:57:39 PDT)
"17 SMD LED BAX9S H6W 64132 Bayonet bulb (Xenon White)"

Maybe that's why mine aren't as blue, as I left the stock foglight bulb in which is maybe giving it some of the whiteness/yellowness, then the LED parking bulb that I replaced is lighting it up with a little blue tint which when combined looks closer to the Xeon headlights.

·
Registered
186 Posts
For the fog lights, like I said the first night I had a check headlight warning, but haven't seen it since.

The kit came with resistors but I did not have to hook them up.

For the interior bulbs there are no sensors.

It would be good if someone else got this kit & confirmed my initial error was just a fluke. Maybe since I ran to the hardware store & locked my car mid install..... you know how people have said when you lock/unlock the doors the lights seem to light up slightly as if the system is checking them. Maybe the initial check failed when I had 2 different bulbs or something, since I dropped that screw & had to run to the hardware store.
I received my LED lights this weekend and installed them (not the H11's, these are the smaller bulbs that are used when you turn on your headlights during driving). I did not receive any errors and they work great. The color is the same as when you first turn on the headlights, giving a slightly blue tint; however, once the headlights warm up, they begin to look a little more white than the LED's. Here are some pics -

First picture is before, second is after install, then third is a side by side.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I also added License plate LED's as well for those who care to make the change. I used two longer Festoon style LED's that I had leftover from a previous project, but they still fit into the housing (you need 36mm Festoon LED's, but I used 39mm and was ok). Looks much better in my opinion (similar to Lexus and other high end cars).

The picture shows the stock yellow bulb on the left, and the new LED on the right.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts