Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Softronic vs RS350 vs exhaust or any other suggestions? I know the torque usually go hand in hand with horsepower, but I think the stock hp is adequate for me. I am trying to get an improvement of torque in my 2006 CS. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Softronic vs RS350 vs exhaust or any other suggestions? I know the torque usually go hand in hand with horsepower, but I think the stock hp is adequate for me. I am trying to get an improvement of torque in my 2006 CS. Thanks.
IMO, Softronic flash for sure. Dollar for ft/lb, it's hard to beat. Of all my performance mods, that gave me the most noticeable bump.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
It's not necessarily a cheap solution, but the better aftermarket exhausts/headers bump up the torque across a wide rpm range. You can see that in the dyno results posted in the dyno forum and it's a difference that you can definitely feel on the raod. They also mostly eliminate the infamous torque dip around 3500 rpm in the stock setup.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Longer lever arm = more torque!
K-Man S is right. Displacement/stroke, or forced induction are the only ways to add a Lot of low-end torque to any engine. Most normally aspirated breathing mods will benefit the higher RPMs most. A 3.8 swap or a turbo setup (~$10K) would yield nice torque, but they are not cheap. Below that is fun but incremental, IMHO, esp at low (street) RPMs. No disrespect to many here who are rightfully enjoying their mods - just generic theory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.